Sign in with
Your question

How to fix windows live mail error 800ccc0f

Last response: in Windows 7
June 4, 2010 12:52:22 AM

I am using windows 7 and in addition to windows 7 yahoo mail i am using windows live email as an alternate. I tried to configure it but keep getting error messages regarding sending out email 800 ccc0f
a b $ Windows 7
a b 1 Email
June 4, 2010 4:30:10 AM

tom-kat said:
I am using windows 7 and in addition to windows 7 yahoo mail i am using windows live email as an alternate. I tried to configure it but keep getting error messages regarding sending out email 800 ccc0f

[#0005ff]What SMTP setting did you input?[/#000ff]
m
l
June 4, 2010 4:41:37 AM

To resolve the issue, you will need to fix corrupt registry.The registry is where all your information is stored about what and how programs should run on your computer.The easy way to eliminate 0x800ccc0f error is to use one of the good windows registry cleaners.
m
l
Related resources
June 14, 2010 2:12:43 AM

Hi,

I use Norton 360 with the registry cleaner, Is this not sufficient to fix registry errors? If it is then I have another problem. thanks
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 15, 2010 6:51:07 AM

Have you checked your SMTP settings as Saga Lout asked?

You could also attempt to uninstall Windows Live Mail and reinstall.

Also it would be advisable to run Super Anti Spyware or Malware Bytes just to ensure you do not have problems with any malicious software -- despite using Norton.

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team
m
l
January 16, 2013 2:06:35 AM

Seriously, you work for Microsoft?

The answer for me:
Vista SP 1

Incoming - pop.gmail.com (SSL 587)
Outgoing - smtp.gmail.com (SSL 995)

***Make sure you check the box under the "server" tab called "my server requires authentication"***

***Also make sure under "server tab" that "Email Username is just the user without the @whatever.com***

m
l
January 16, 2013 2:08:01 AM

tom-kat said:

The answer for me:
Vista SP 1

Incoming - pop.gmail.com (SSL 587)
Outgoing - smtp.gmail.com (SSL 995)

***Make sure you check the box under the "server" tab called "my server requires authentication"***

***Also make sure under "server tab" that "Email Username is just the user without the @whatever.com***
m
l
March 27, 2014 5:40:32 AM

tom-kat said:

I had the same error, I tried everything I read everywhere, almost to the point of reinstalling windows and I thought
I might just give my ISP a call and tell them of my error, they remote my computer had a look. they did a reboot
of my account on there side and my internet cut out for 5 minutes and when my internet started working again
at first my email would not work saying I got wrong details but about 3 minutes after that my emails sending and receiving was all working again and no more error's. Next time I will call my ISP first.
m
l
!