Hp papers

What is the difference between the HP Premium and HP Premium Plus papers? I
have some of the both and the Plus paper is heavier. Other than that are
the coatings the same relative to fading, etc.?

--
Dave C.

c9ar9dar9elli@9c4.n9et

Remove the five 9's (leave the 4) for email.

frederick

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2004

Dave C. wrote:

> What is the difference between the HP Premium and HP Premium Plus papers? I
> have some of the both and the Plus paper is heavier. Other than that are
> the coatings the same relative to fading, etc.?

Check WIR at http://www.wilhelm-research.com/
IIRC the HP results I have seen show no difference beteen the premium
and premium plus. You probably pay more for the extra weight and better
finish.
OTOH, on other papers, permanence is not rated highly. WIR rated
"everyday paper" at 3 years with the 8450. With a 3820 on that paper,
prints on my fridge last about 3 weeks.

You are right, as bargain papers only last weeks or a month before fading.
The HP papers are more permanent.

Thanks,

--
Dave C.