Soltek SL-75DRV-5
AMD XP 1900+
Samsung 512 DDR (Samsung Made)
Leadtek Geforce 4 MX440
Soundblaster Audigy Player
Western Digital Cavior XL 40GB and 80GB with 8MB Cache
3COM 3C905 Etherlink
Pioneer DVD-105S
HP CD-RW 8x, 4x, 24x... I don't know more.

The Problem:
One day when I started the computer my vidoe card was gone, and I had to install it.
Later that day, I needed to restart my computer and during the upstart I got a blue screen.
Nothing I did worked, so I did a clean installed of Windows XP Pro. The day after the installation
the same problem occured, but this time my DVD and my CD-RW was gone aswell. I could install the
vidoe card, but I was not able to get the DVD and the CD-RW to work. So I reinstalled Windows again.
This time everything worked fine, but after 2 days my vidoe card was gone again. I have tried
everything I can thing of. All the time I have had Norton AntiVirus 2002 running and Up-To-Date.
Tried VIA 4in1. Also tried diffrent drivers for the vidoe card.

This is annoying..

Does anyone know what is wrong, or what I can do to fix this?

If your RAM is at fault you should be getting some Page Fault Error messages, are you getting any error messages at all? Since you're loosing random items, the RAM, and the Hardrive, is where to look first, then worst of all your M/Bs chipset could be failing, have you done any overclocking at all? Ryan

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
Check ur Mobo/Chipset temp.....

Also i suspect faulty ram........Try a different DIMM.....

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=13597" target="_new">-MeTaL RoCkEr</A>

Qvinzo

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2002
4ryan6:
I don't get any error messages at all. I have only had these 2 blue screens, sadly I don't remeber what they said.
And I have not done any overclocking.

MeTaLrOcKeR:
The temperature is between 40-60 C.
I will try to get hold of a diffrent ram.

Anyway, is there any programs that can test the memory and the harddrive?

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
if you have two ram sticks, use 1 stick and insert it in a third slot. or if you had 1 stick, put it in another slot. use memory doctor to check your ram (you could have blown a transistor).

make sure the inside of your case is clean and your power supply is a good brand. what is the rating on your PSU? has anything changed in the environment since you've been having these problems? did you try anything new?

<b><font color=orange>*my favorite bum on 21st street*

-please help-
will code HTML for food.
-god bless you-

Qvinzo

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2002
I have only one stick, so I will try a diffrent slot.
I have only had the computer in two months now, so it is still clean inside.
The power supply was included with "Chieftec AX-01SL-D ALUMINIUM", I have been given diffrent info, but the PSU is between 300W-360W.
I have been moving the computer around a bit, to friends, to play LAN games.
The problem first occured the day after I had visit a friend.
So probably something has been damage during the transport. The question is what, so I can replace it.

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
take all the cables off (for power, hard drives, cdroms, and so on), then put them back on. also try the memory doctor. there is a good chance the memory could be bad. make sure your video cards fan is working (if it has one). try these and if you still have no luck, we'll try other things.

<b><font color=orange>*my favorite bum on 21st street*

-please help-
will code HTML for food.
-god bless you-