Recommendation on desktop system

I've had my HP Pavilion ZD7000 for nearly a year it has worked great.

I also have a 5-year old Dell Dimension 600MHz desktop with 256 KB RAM and a
40 GB hard drive which has a direct connection to my Linksys WRT54GS router
and an HP 1220 personal laser printer/scanner/copier combination (connected
via parallel cable, but I can change it to a USB connection if I wish).

I'm looking to replace this old Dell Dimension with a solid yet inexpensive
modern desktop tower. I don't need a new monitor, as the original 19" CRT
that came with it is working fine.

Any suggestions on a good system? Or specific suggestions on how much RAM,
processor speed, hard drive size would be desired?

Bud H
3 answers Last reply
More about recommendation desktop system

    Dimension 4700 P4-3Ghz Desktop with 17in LCD $549 shipped

    Includes Latest Tech: DDR2, PCI Express, Serial ATA HD
    Dimension 4700 P4 530 3Ghz/800Mhz Bus Desktop 256MB DDR2-400/40GB Serial ATA
    HD, 48x CD, Free Dell 720 Color Printer, Free Dell e173FP 17in LCD,
    Ethernet, 6 months ISP, Word Perfect, XP Home SP2, 2yr warranty $549 after
    $100 rebate, shipped free. Tax is charged.

    "Bud H" <budh@REMOVETHISameritech.net> wrote in message
    > I've had my HP Pavilion ZD7000 for nearly a year it has worked great.
    >
    > I also have a 5-year old Dell Dimension 600MHz desktop with 256 KB RAM and
    > a 40 GB hard drive which has a direct connection to my Linksys WRT54GS
    > router and an HP 1220 personal laser printer/scanner/copier combination
    > (connected via parallel cable, but I can change it to a USB connection if
    > I wish).
    >
    > I'm looking to replace this old Dell Dimension with a solid yet
    > inexpensive modern desktop tower. I don't need a new monitor, as the
    > original 19" CRT that came with it is working fine.
    >
    > Any suggestions on a good system? Or specific suggestions on how much RAM,
    > processor speed, hard drive size would be desired?
    >
    > Bud H

    Go to the Dell refurb site.

    If you check back on a daily basis, you can (within a week) pick up a 2400,
    3000, or 4600 system with 2.8Ghz processor, 256MB Ram, CDRW, Floppy, XP Home
    and an 80GB Hard Drive for $335.00 with a 1 year onsite warranty and free
    shipping. The refurb system is JUST AS GOOD as a new one ordered on the
    main Dell site.

    If you need help making that purchase give us a call

    --
    JLA ENTERPRISES TECHNOLOGIES INTEGRATION
    Technical Support Team

    Visit our forums for FREE technical support at
    http://jlaenterprises.ath.cx/phpbb2/index.php

    Check out some of the items we are offering
    Dell Laptop Docking Stations starting at $5.00
    Dell 20" Sony Trinitron Flat Screen Monitors starting at $35.00
    Dell 21" Flat Screen Monitors starting at $40.00
    Dell Latitude and Inspiron CD Rom and Floppy Drives starting at $5.00

    Be sure to visit http://www.jlaenterprises.com

    "Bud H" <budh@REMOVETHISameritech.net> wrote in message
    > I've had my HP Pavilion ZD7000 for nearly a year it has worked great.
    >
    > I also have a 5-year old Dell Dimension 600MHz desktop with 256 KB RAM and
    > a 40 GB hard drive which has a direct connection to my Linksys WRT54GS
    > router and an HP 1220 personal laser printer/scanner/copier combination
    > (connected via parallel cable, but I can change it to a USB connection if
    > I wish).
    >
    > I'm looking to replace this old Dell Dimension with a solid yet
    > inexpensive modern desktop tower. I don't need a new monitor, as the
    > original 19" CRT that came with it is working fine.
    >
    > Any suggestions on a good system? Or specific suggestions on how much RAM,
    > processor speed, hard drive size would be desired?
    >
    > Bud H

    Just as good but more expensive.

    Intel® Pentium® 4 2.80GHz, Microsoft® Windows® XP Home 256MB SDRAM SAVE
    $150! 17 in E173FP Flat Panel Display Integrated Intel® Extreme Graphics 2
    80GB Hard Drive Integrated 10/100 Ethernet 56K PCI Telephony Modem Single
    Drive: 48x CD-RW Drive

    Customize Dimension 3000 for $339 and select the above options - $150.00 MIR
    = $488.00 + Free SHipping

    "JLA ENTERPRISES TECHNOLOGIES INTEGRATION" <info@jlaenterprises.com> wrote
    in message news:vqcod.3611$Fs1.400448@twister.southeast.rr.com...
    > Go to the Dell refurb site.
    >
    > If you check back on a daily basis, you can (within a week) pick up a
    > 2400, 3000, or 4600 system with 2.8Ghz processor, 256MB Ram, CDRW, Floppy,
    > XP Home and an 80GB Hard Drive for $335.00 with a 1 year onsite warranty
    > and free shipping. The refurb system is JUST AS GOOD as a new one ordered
    > on the main Dell site.
    >
    > If you need help making that purchase give us a call
    >

    > --
    > JLA ENTERPRISES TECHNOLOGIES INTEGRATION
    > Technical Support Team
    >
    > Visit our forums for FREE technical support at
    > http://jlaenterprises.ath.cx/phpbb2/index.php
    >
    > Check out some of the items we are offering
    > Dell Laptop Docking Stations starting at $5.00
    > Dell 20" Sony Trinitron Flat Screen Monitors starting at $35.00
    > Dell 21" Flat Screen Monitors starting at $40.00
    > Dell Latitude and Inspiron CD Rom and Floppy Drives starting at $5.00
    >
    > Be sure to visit http://www.jlaenterprises.com
    >

    > "Bud H" <budh@REMOVETHISameritech.net> wrote in message
    >> I've had my HP Pavilion ZD7000 for nearly a year it has worked great.
    >>
    >> I also have a 5-year old Dell Dimension 600MHz desktop with 256 KB RAM
    >> and a 40 GB hard drive which has a direct connection to my Linksys
    >> WRT54GS router and an HP 1220 personal laser printer/scanner/copier
    >> combination (connected via parallel cable, but I can change it to a USB
    >> connection if I wish).
    >>
    >> I'm looking to replace this old Dell Dimension with a solid yet
    >> inexpensive modern desktop tower. I don't need a new monitor, as the
    >> original 19" CRT that came with it is working fine.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions on a good system? Or specific suggestions on how much
    >> RAM, processor speed, hard drive size would be desired?
    >>
    >> Bud H

Dell Desktops Computers