England riots: Government mulls social media controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
http://www.asylum.co.uk/2011/08/10/uk-baseball-bat-sales-increase-6000-in-the-aftermath-of-the-lon/

Baseball bats and similar items increase in sales by 6000% to UK.

Really makes you wonder who is ordering stuff on Amazon during a riot, but also what brave delivery man is breaking through police barricades to deliver your telescoping baton.

Who needs guns when you can use a baseball bat with nails in it
We need to ban the sales of baseball bats, or, make sure theyre trained well in the baseball school of Barry Bonds
Hockey sticks are next

I just got paid today,
Got me a pocket full of change.
Said, I just got paid today,
If you believe like workin' hard all day,
Just step in my shoes and take my pay.

I was born my papa's son,
When I hit the ground I was on the run.
I had one glad hand and the other behind.
You can have yours, just give me mine.
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night,
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right.

I just got paid today,
Said, black sheep, black, do you got some wool?
Yes, I do, man, my bag is full.
It's the root of evil and you know the rest
But it's way ahead of what's second best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c7d8BYJy8I

“And now I propose a toast to the Queen...”

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008

6 days of riots in one American city (Rodney King riots, 1992): 53 dead, 227 seriously injured.
5 days of riots in half the UK: 4 dead (none by baseball bats), less than 10 seriously injured.

London broke out in fiery racial street protests Tuesday when a policeman shot and killed a suspect in his cab. The burning turned to looting and strip-robbing people on the street. The goal of the rioting is to overthrow Queen Elizabeth and install Rodney King.

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011

http://www.slate.com/id/2301314/

Turns out baseball bats are the preferred weapon of the rioter. Many rioters like the weight of a metal bat (40% lighter than a cricket paddle(?)) British people just associate baseball bats with violence. And rightfully so.

Most of those deaths were with baseball bats and the like, bricks as well: see Reginald Denny
Besides, the numbers were much larder as well, and LS was under a not know what to do attitude, race was involved you know, have to be politically correct

Watts alone houses much greater numbers than whats happened in the UK
Many in the UK were gonja members, not gang members
Gang members grow up on the beat down, do more damage

Like I said, the JV ROTC is toughwe than many in the EU, and we have numbers
Unfortunately, when it comes to violence, were No.1

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011

Yeah the next thing you now rioters will be getting some sort of metal armour to combat the batons and bats. Then to get past the armour you will need either a very heavy sword or some sort of mace or axe, unless you can find a high quality shield online. Naturally getting into and out of a car would be very hard so getting a sturdy horse you can mount into the riots could be quite beneficial. I feel as though this is familiar for England.......

EnglishKnight.jpg

English rioters circa 2 weeks from now

Status
Not open for further replies.