Dell tech support down for last 3 days?

I have a Dell monitor going bad. It is still under warranty and has to be
replaced. Three times in the last 3 days I have fought my way through Dell's
voicemail tree and eventually reached a human. None was a native English
speaker, but 2 of them were reasonably fluent.

They both claimed that Dell's tech support system is down--e.g. they cannot
enter my info into the appropriate database, cannot assign me a case number
and cannot assign a dispatch number.

Their contention is that this is due to a software update in progress, and
they have no info on when it might be in operation.

I don't have any reason to doubt them, but it's pathetic if true.

The phone number I used was 800-624-9896.

Has anyone else had similar experience in the last few days??

I thought this newsgroup would be hopping about it, but a quick scan of
recent posts shows nothing.
3 answers Last reply
More about dell tech support days

    "Carl LaFong" <ignatzatsonic@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I have a Dell monitor going bad. It is still under warranty and has to be
    > replaced. Three times in the last 3 days I have fought my way through
    Dell's
    > voicemail tree and eventually reached a human. None was a native English
    > speaker, but 2 of them were reasonably fluent.
    >
    > They both claimed that Dell's tech support system is down--e.g. they
    cannot
    > enter my info into the appropriate database, cannot assign me a case
    number
    > and cannot assign a dispatch number.
    >
    > Their contention is that this is due to a software update in progress, and
    > they have no info on when it might be in operation.
    >
    > I don't have any reason to doubt them, but it's pathetic if true.
    >
    > The phone number I used was 800-624-9896.
    >
    > Has anyone else had similar experience in the last few days??
    >
    > I thought this newsgroup would be hopping about it, but a quick scan of
    > recent posts shows nothing.

    I have had a near impossible time getting software downloads from the
    premier support site for the last 2 days.

    I had the same experience for the last several days. They told me it was a
    network problem with the India office communicating with the US office. I
    wasted at least several hours trying to get help. They told me they would
    call me back right away with a case number (that was 3 days ago).

    Regards,
    Key Bored

    "Key Bored" <nobodyinparticular@eudoramail.com> wrote in message
    > I had the same experience for the last several days. They told me it was
    > network problem with the India office communicating with the US office. I
    > wasted at least several hours trying to get help. They told me they would
    > call me back right away with a case number (that was 3 days ago).

    I've seen that problem with other companies, but so far it appears to be a
    case of the telephone equipment not connecting to India.

Dell Support Computers