hm....2-3 blackouts...

abarth

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2002
and now ...the pc seems to start ok..but on the monitor there only one message...

"Signal Error"

what might have happened?
the cpu?
the m/b?
(everything else isnt cause i ve tested them on another system) .....

abarth

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2002
"It sounds like the video cable has come loose.
Have you checked your video cable connections at the PC and the monitor?"
of course
i have the same cable many times plugged and unplugged

"What do you mean by 2 - 3 blackouts? Were these power failures?"
yeap, there were some construction work at the bulding so there were some blackouts....and unfortunately some power failures

"If you have tested the monitor on another PC and it works ok I would try reseating the graphics card. However that would not be possible if you have a motherboard with integrated graphics."
the monitor is being used already by two pcs (not at the same time) so i checked it on the other pc. Alse the graphic card has been checked on another pc and another v.card has been checked on this pc...nothing new :(

"Other things to try would be to see if you can enter the BIOS at start up."
i see only black screen and a signal error message so i cannot do much more than ...power off :)

my system is:
pIII 935
abit m/b with via chipset
512MB pc133
geforce2 mx400
300watt
sblive 5.1
cdr teac 16x
...thats it :)
aaah and 3 hdds :)

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
hmm.....power goes through the board?? Fans spin?? HDD Spin up?? id say if ur board isnt dead some how....that maybe ur cpu popped....or the ram........

try swapping EVERY part...MB being last.....or try all ur parts includign CPU, RAM and PSU as beign the most important asside from the MB....

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=13597" target="_new">-MeTaL RoCkEr</A>

sbolinger2

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
At times my PC will appear to start, but I get "no signal" on the monitor. For some reason the PC will fail to post and I have to cycle the power to the power supply for the computer to post correctly.
Have you tried cycling the power to the power supply?

abarth

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2002
fans and cpu seem to work ....(fan ok works...i see it but the cpu i ....imagine:)) ...

what do you mean cycling?
:p

abarth

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2002
zpyrd i ve tried everything you said and more but nothing happened....i tried the video card and the memory to other pcs and they worked fine. I also tried the hdds and are ok. The fan of the cpu works fine but the cpu i dont know. The m/b opens (the led) but nothing more...so whats the prob? and what about cycling the power to the power supply...how do i do that ? :))

peter21

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
Abarth i used to have a a similar problem. My computer would seem to start up ok but nothing would show up on the screen i would have to re-boot to fix sometimes many times. I did notice though when it would boot with the monitor not turning on it would make diferent beeps. See if you have different beeps. Like you i thought it was my video card but after getting a new one i saw the same problem.

It turned out to be the RAM. Try running different RAM and see if that fixes the problem.

--------
The only thing i know...

is that i know nothing at all.