hp m407camera LCD BROKEN

cananyone tell me of a website or able to show me an exploded view of a
hewlett packard M407
i have got my grandsons here and i am trying to get out a broken LCD and
replace it but i cant find or see what holds the ribon cable in place as i
have only removed the camera case and lifted the LCD up a bit but it is
attached to a ribbon cable and i cant see how it is held can any one help me
here please
as at the moment the camera is usless without its LCD working,,
thanks for any help
brian,

brian rhodes wrote:
> i have only removed the camera case and lifted the LCD up a bit but it is
> attached to a ribbon cable and i cant see how it is held can any one help me

They are usually either a very obvious socket and plug (did you check
both ends of the cable to see which end disconnects? or a 'slide-in'
fit, with a very thin, flat 'plug' that is merely thick plastic with
the contacts porinted on either side. The latter is easily damaged, be
careful.

Now that you can see it (and presumably it's part number), you could
always order a new one and wait to get it - once you see the
replacement LCD, it will be obvious.. That's if you haven't died of
shock as to how much it costs..