Anyone seen "The Gamers"

Has anyone seen the movie "The Gamers"? I saw it last night, and, well,
I could think of a lot worse ways to spend 45 minutes. Some of the
jokes (including the ending) fell kinda flat, but there was plenty of
good material in there, too.

The backstabbing had me laughing out loud. :)

Laszlo

<laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message
> Has anyone seen the movie "The Gamers"? I saw it last night, and, well,
> I could think of a lot worse ways to spend 45 minutes. Some of the
> jokes (including the ending) fell kinda flat, but there was plenty of
> good material in there, too.
>
> The backstabbing had me laughing out loud. :)

My favorite part was the "arrow to the neck" thing during the (attempted)
bad guy speech.

There is a sequel finishing production:

http://www.deadgentlemen.com/media/tgdr/G2E_teaser_medium.mov

--
^v^v^Malachias Invictus^v^v^

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll,
I am the Master of my fate:
I am the Captain of my soul.

Malachias Invictus wrote:

> <laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message
> >
> > The backstabbing had me laughing out loud. :)
>
> My favorite part was the "arrow to the neck" thing during the (attempted)
> bad guy speech.

IMO, nothing beats the introduction of the new
(replacement) wizard, with the DM imploring the players
to "role-play this out," and it going something like
this:

New PC: "Hi. My name is Joe."
Old PC: "You seem trustworthy. Want to join our
party?"

-Bluto

"Senator Blutarsky" <monarchy@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Malachias Invictus wrote:
>>
>> <laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message
>> >
>> > The backstabbing had me laughing out loud. :)
>>
>> My favorite part was the "arrow to the neck" thing during the (attempted)
>> bad guy speech.
>
> IMO, nothing beats the introduction of the new
> (replacement) wizard, with the DM imploring the players
> to "role-play this out," and it going something like
> this:
>
> New PC: "Hi. My name is Joe."
> Old PC: "You seem trustworthy. Want to join our
> party?"

You missed one part. The new PC said, after introducing himself, "I notice
your party has no wizard." Afterwards, the way he just fell into marching
order was pretty damned funny as well.

--

Malachias Invictus wrote:
> "Senator Blutarsky" <monarchy@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Malachias Invictus wrote:
> >>
> >> <laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message

> >> My favorite part was the "arrow to the neck" thing during the (attempted)
> >> bad guy speech.
> >
> > IMO, nothing beats the introduction of the new
> > (replacement) wizard, with the DM imploring the players
> > to "role-play this out," and it going something like
> > this:
> >
> > New PC: "Hi. My name is Joe."
> > Old PC: "You seem trustworthy. Want to join our
> > party?"
>
> You missed one part. The new PC said, after introducing himself, "I notice
> your party has no wizard." Afterwards, the way he just fell into marching
> order was pretty damned funny as well.

"By morning, you will again sup the sweet air of freedom!"

Laszlo

Malachias Invictus wrote:

> "Senator Blutarsky" <monarchy@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >
> > IMO, nothing beats the introduction of the new
> > (replacement) wizard, with the DM imploring the players
> > to "role-play this out," and it going something like
> > this:
> >
> > New PC: "Hi. My name is Joe."
> > Old PC: "You seem trustworthy. Want to join our
> > party?"
>
> You missed one part. The new PC said, after introducing himself, "I notice
> your party has no wizard."

Well, it's been a while since I watched it.

> Malachias Invictus wrote:
>>
>> "Senator Blutarsky" <monarchy@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> >
>> > IMO, nothing beats the introduction of the new
>> > (replacement) wizard, with the DM imploring the players
>> > to "role-play this out," and it going something like
>> > this:
>> >
>> > New PC: "Hi. My name is Joe."
>> > Old PC: "You seem trustworthy. Want to join our
>> > party?"
>>
>> You missed one part. The new PC said, after introducing himself, "I
>> notice
>> your party has no wizard."
>
> Well, it's been a while since I watched it.

I have seen it twice in the past two weeks ;-)

--
^v^v^Malachias Invictus^v^v^

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll,
I am the Master of my fate:
I am the Captain of my soul.

laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
> Has anyone seen the movie "The Gamers"? I saw it last night, and, well,
> I could think of a lot worse ways to spend 45 minutes. Some of the
> jokes (including the ending) fell kinda flat, but there was plenty of
> good material in there, too.

You know, I never even heard of this movie. I just ordered it. I hope
it's not too bad. Though, I enjoy a good bad movie every so often, if
that makes sense.

I noticed on IMDB, there are two "The Gamers" movies. The other one
seems to be 15 minutes. This isn't related, is it?

- Kertis