DM Genie For Dummies

jay

Archived from groups: alt.games.frp.dnd-util,rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Hello, I was wondering if there was a website or books I can purchase
to help me use DM Genie to it's full potential so I can contribute some
things to the group as well. I've noticed that there seems to be some
coding involved to do some things (I could be wrong though). If anybody
has any advice it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

- Jay

Tristan

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

In article <da809e+tpfv@eGroups.com>, jaydarkson@yahoo.com wrote:

>Hello, I was wondering if there was a website or books I can purchase
>to help me use DM Genie to it's full potential so I can contribute some
>things to the group as well. I've noticed that there seems to be some
>coding involved to do some things (I could be wrong though). If anybody
>has any advice it'd be greatly appreciated.

The best way I learned DM Genie is to just take one or two days and
just play with it. Install a DM Genie that you do not care about and
just mess with it. That is how I learned how to run it. Now about
scripting, I dont know much about that, but you can go to the DM
Genie website and go to those forums and choose the script forum and
read through that. Janik can also help you if you have questions.
He has always answered my questions within 24 hours of submitting it.

Tristan