setting up a temporary network?

My home network, with a desktop and a wireless notebook,
is working fine.

I have a monthly meeting where there is broadband, but no
wireless, available. -
1.Is it possible to take my wireless base station [MN-
500] to that location,and set it up on their network
temporarily to access streaming vidio online [through
laptop's wireless adapter.
and then -
2.remove and replug the base station again at home,
and have my home network still work fine.
To rephrase: the broadband utility setup info is on the
internet: So if the setup options are changed for a
different physical location,then is my home setup is
overwritten?
TIA
JoyceM

using win xp; wireless base station MN-500; wwireless
adapter mn-510-520 on laptop

1. you had better check with the folks hosting this meeting if you can
put this device on their network

2. if they say yes, the rest of the answer depends on whether or not
you have to reconfigure the 500 as an access point.

If your meeting is in a corporate environment, it is doubtful they
would let you add equipment to their network.

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:02:04 -0800, "JoyceM"

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

Thank you.
I was waiting to ask them until I knew if it was a viable
option.
We would have to reconfigure the 500.
JoyceM

if you save your settings to your computer before you reconfigure, when you
get back home, you can restore them.

> Thank you.
> I was waiting to ask them until I knew if it was a viable
> option.
> We would have to reconfigure the 500.
> JoyceM

>>> TIA

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

Maybe I'm missing something, but if there is a connection that you could
connect the base station to, why not just use an Ethernet patch cord to
connect to the Ethernet connector on the laptop?

--
Bruce Sanderson MVP Printing
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders