jimmytheone

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2002
Be aware of this product. Make sure it is going work with your system, prior to purchase; because if it doesn't you have one hell of a job getting the processor out of the socket undamaged. I bent three rows of pins on a brand new, unused processor (1.3gb celeron),which is probably now cactus! I had it held a 370 socket trying to remove it with care. There is nothing wrong with the product, just very difficult to remove.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I've done such work. You found out your board didn't support the lower voltage didn't you? My board does, want to sell it to me cheap?

I'm not interested in the Celeron either, it's slower than my PIII 1000EB. I know this because I have personally tested the Tually Celleries on an iP3/t adapter.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

jimmytheone

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2002
According to Upgradeware the socket and the Celeron 1.3gb and board should work ok as the board is 'auto votage detect'. It must be that the BIOS doesn't recognise it. I would sell the adaptor, but I got it from the US and I live in Australia, and postage would kill it. I've probably done $240Au, not to worry though. Chance you take, eh! Will now upgrade to P4.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Some adapters RELY on the board supporting the stock voltage of the Tualatin. But earlier boards that only supported 1.8v and up didn't support the Coppermine due to it's lower voltages, so they certainly wouldn't support the Tualatin, which has even lower voltages than the Coppermine. If you go to my website, you'll see the pin mods necessary to make the thing detect at a functional voltage for your board (1.80v and up) Problem is, the Tualatin shouldn't be run at that much voltage.

The Powerleap adapter works with such boards by being detected by the board as a 2.10v CPU but using it's own onboard voltage controll. That's why they're more expensive.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

jimmytheone

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2002
Thanks for the info. Upgradeware Tech Support say that the 370GU pinout automatically selects 1.5v due to the way the pins are re-arranged. The board is a Soltek SL-65KV2 and currently has a Celeron 850 on it, working fine. Soltek have a VIA 694T chipset on their Tualatin board, SL-65KV2T, therefore, I think this is where the problem lies. Also, maybe the BIOS doesn't like the new CPU. I asked Soltek if I could use their Tualatin BIOS with this board and they said "no". So I think I am stuffed. There is always an element of danger when buying equipment from overseas which has not be tested so I have to accept that I have 'done my dough', unless you are able to offer other suggestions!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
That thing that Upgradeware said...would be overpowered by the thing I said...you can't select 1.50v if the board doestn't support it. But the fact that your board supports a Celeron850 is a good indication that this is not your problem.

ritesh_laud

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001
It's working fine for me with a Tualatin-S 1.26 GHz on an Abit BX133, which supports voltages as low as 1.35V I think. But I had a Powerleap adapter before this one and it died on me, so I took it to a computer shop and they removed the CPU using a tiny jeweler's screwdriver and carefully going all the way around the CPU several times nudging it up a couple millimeters at a time.

Ritesh

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by ritesh_laud on 10/28/02 08:03 AM.</EM></FONT></P>