HELP! ** What's the BEST SONY CLIE ???

June 4, 2005 3:38:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.os.palm,comp.sys.palmtops,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

HELP! ** What's the BEST SONY CLIE ???

I'm looking to buy a Sony Clie, and want to know the best for:

A) Built-in Keyboard
B) Battery-Life
C) Voice-Recorder
D) Ease-of-Use/Overall Impression/Quality

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!

> Posted thru AtlantisNews - Explore EVERY Newsgroup <
> http://www.AtlantisNews.com -- Lightning Fast!!! <
> Access the Most Content * No Limits * Best Service <

More about : sony clie

Anonymous
June 4, 2005 6:37:19 PM

Dr. ''Q'' wrote:
> HELP! ** What's the BEST SONY CLIE ???
>
> I'm looking to buy a Sony Clie, and want to know the best for:
>
> A) Built-in Keyboard
> B) Battery-Life
> C) Voice-Recorder
> D) Ease-of-Use/Overall Impression/Quality

TG-50 is the one I have and I like it, I don't know if it is the best.

Clie's will not be produced anymore, do not has support, uses an
obsolete PalmOS sound system.

....ok have a good software package ;-)

please avoid cross posting, use only comp.sys.palmtops.pilot and I'm
sure that you will get all the answers that you need here.

Franco
Lifedrive Review: http://www.micromagiclabs.com/forums/thread1488.html
PalmOS forums: http://forums.micromagiclabs.com
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 3:28:59 AM

In article <42a1d2bd$0$6492$88260bb3@news.atlantisnews.com>,
"Dr. ''Q''" <none@none.none> wrote:

> HELP! ** What's the BEST SONY CLIE ???

The TH55 (I love mine)

> I'm looking to buy a Sony Clie, and want to know the best for:
>
> A) Built-in Keyboard

No keyboard on the TH55. For that the UX-50, but the battery life is
not nearly as good.

> B) Battery-Life

The TH55 go for hours, even using WiFi. I do a lot of eBook reading,
and it can easily last 12 hours of non-stop use. A high action game
with sound and other activity can drain the batter faster.

> C) Voice-Recorder

The TH55 has a rathter good voice recorder. With a MemoryStick
inserted, I've recorded meetings that have taken 2 hours, sitting about
row 4 or 5 and gotten very good audio playback and my battery was not
taxed at all.

> D) Ease-of-Use/Overall Impression/Quality

I do not have any issues with any of the Sony CLIE's I've seen. I own
the TH55, my Wife owns the SJ20 and SJ22 models and the quality has been
fine on all three models.

> THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!

You welcome. Hope your search works out. It is a shame Sony got out of
the Palm PDA business.

Bob Harris
Related resources
June 5, 2005 4:58:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.os.palm,comp.sys.palmtops,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I believe TH 55 is the best

Dr. ''Q'' wrote:
> HELP! ** What's the BEST SONY CLIE ???
>
> I'm looking to buy a Sony Clie, and want to know the best for:
>
> A) Built-in Keyboard
> B) Battery-Life
> C) Voice-Recorder
> D) Ease-of-Use/Overall Impression/Quality
>

> THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!

Anonymous
June 5, 2005 4:58:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.os.palm,comp.sys.palmtops,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

From what i read the TH-55 is the best one, all the models with built-in
keyboards are alot older and tend to be slower as a result.

If you can't find one ebuyer have a used UX-50 and a TJ-37 so you might want
to consider those

personally i have a TJ-35

!