Acer laptop key hinge

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Help! I have a key that in on a hinge on can't get it back on!

Return Merchandise Authorization. That is if it's still under warrenty.

Basically it means returning your laptop to where you bought it and getting it replaced with another/getting it fixed.

G

I purchased it about 3 hours ago!

I don't like it either it's not quick as they said it would be.? 3i processor, but it seemed really slow to me.

I should be entitled to a full refund yes?

nordlead

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
yes, but you might have to fight for it.

1) Tell them it was broken, you should get a full refund with just a bit of proof (should be easy enough.

2) Technically (and my memory is a little hazy on this so you'll have to look it up and it varies by state), if a salesperson suggested a product based on your requirements and it doesn't fill your needs then you should get a full refund under some implied warranty law. Again, varies by state, and in some places it can easily be expressly disclaimed by the seller.

G

Thank you. I just unpacked it and saw the key broken.

I'm not sure I like the laptop now, so I quite like a refund....rather than replacement.

aznntowl2

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
If you do decide you like the laptop enough to keep it, keep in mind... you don't have to replace the entire keyboard, just a laptop key, its easy to replace, and around $5, there is a coupon code for replacementlaptopkeys.com somewhere on this site if you decide you need the laptop keys instead.

G

Thanks to all, I have a new laptop, comet were fantastic, and I have a wonderful new pretty Sony one now, as my heart wished!

Status
Not open for further replies.