Issaron

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2002
I have been having a few issues with my PC and i installed the ASUS probe software that came with my MB. After i started running the porgram it constantly makes a warning sound because my +12V is going off of the chart from 13.2-13.9V. Is this something i should be worried about or is it common?

The other values are at:
+5V @ 4.999V
+3.3V @ 3.264V
VCore @ 1.792V

Could these be causing my PC to reboot on its own while im playing games, and doing other strenious tasks?

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
Anus probe is notoriously inaccurate, however if your pc is rebooting you probably do have a power supply problem. See if Motherboard Monitor has a version for your board or simply try a better power supply.

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.

Issaron

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2002
Well, i downloaded that monitor program and it showed me about the same values for my voltage (give or take about .2 volts)

As for the problem being the power supply i doubt that. I had this problem with a case. I eneded up changing cases because my other one has very poor cooling. This is a completly new PS and it seems to be doing the same thing.

Im living in a very old house and i don't think the wiring in the walls has been touched for a very long time (except to upgrade from fuses to cicuit breakers). Is it possible the wiring in the house is causing this problem? I dont get power sags or brownouts or anything, its just that my voltage seems to be going crazy on any monitor program i use.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Yes. Its quite possible.
A friend of mine had problems such as yours.
And yes, it was an old rented house.
Even with an Enermax 430W psu he was getting fluctuations. The voltages wernt low like the previous PSU, but they still fluctuated far too much and made the system crash.

Regarding possible fixes:
1. Get an electrician in to diagnose/fix the problem. The power company should also be able to test the street to house power supply.

2. Get a UPS system. I use one on my system to combat the frequent 2 second blackouts we get due to excessive <b>Possums</b>. Once or twice when everything seemed normal it clicked on... a sure sign that the line wasn't as clean as one might assume.

<b>Cogposto tomsa, ergo sum - <i>Descartes</i>
</b>Translation:<b> I post at Toms Hardware, Therefor I am. :smile: </b>

vetplus40

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2001
I'm not following how an overvoltage would cause you power flucuations?.The accuracy of any type of measuring system will vary in accuracy depending on if it accurate within % of span,or % of reading.Your slightly elevated high voltage readings on the upper scale are indicative of a slight span error.A simple check with a good quality digital multi- meter will tell the tale....

If ya don't ask..How ya gonna know.

Issaron

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2002
Well I went out and bought a APC Bck-UPS 350, and it seems to have evened out my voltage readings. I have only been useing it for a few hours now, and I have yet to crash, lockup, or reboot so im going to assume that its working.

Thanks for your replys and help :)

Also one more thing im going to try ontop of what im doing is buy a enermax powersupply and see if that helps any. I think the one that came with my case is somewhat cheap.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The UPS was a good plan. As for your voltages, they weren't too far out of range, but wild fluctuations can cause instability, the UPS took care of that problem so I would stop there!

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

andlcs

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2002
Your mobo is the Asus A7V333 right? My friend have this mobo w/ the same problem.
Maybe this can help:
<A HREF="http://www.a7vtroubleshooting.com/forum/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=a7v;action=display;num=1035240750" target="_new">http://www.a7vtroubleshooting.com/forum/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=a7v;action=display;num=1035240750</A>