ATHLON XP 2200+ and Shuttle AK32L ?????

PC_GEEK

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
I am going to build new system ....Athlon XP 1800+ and Shuttle AK32L mobo .
My question is ,<b>can I over clock CPU and how </b>using Shuttle AK32L ????????????

Thanks .

:cool: :cool: <font color=blue><b> PC_GEEK </b></font color=blue> :smile: :smile:

<font color=red><b> UNREAL II </b></font color=red>

PC_GEEK

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
<b>ANYONE ??????????????</b>

:cool: :cool: <font color=blue><b> PC_GEEK </b></font color=blue> :smile: :smile:

<font color=red><b> UNREAL II </b></font color=red>

ZondaC12

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2002
you must go into the CMOS setup (hold del at startup) and i think there's like a AGP and CPU control, or something, but look at the description on the bottom of each, one should say Frequency, Voltage,.... go there and CPU host clock is what you want--go up in small increments, by 5 maybe, and if your system should become unstable, CHANGE IT BACK ASAP if the comp wont boot up, check the manual, there is a jumper to reset the BIOS. BEWARE: insufficient cooling may cause the CPU to overheat when overclocked--hopefully that mobo has a power cutoff if it goes above a set temperature. don't expect more than 200 mhz increase if yo have a standard heatsink/fan (i HAD that motherboard, im not sure about temp protection--i soon got rid of that thing, it is incompatible with many bew things like AGP 2.0--my geforce 2 card wouldn't work with it, and it isn't up to date with the newer processors--only has KT266 chipset--BUT NOT TO DISCOURAGE YOU--it's a fine mobo if you only got a little cash, just don't expect it to be future-ready for the things to come out within the next 4-5 months