Windows XP Hom CD

Does anyone know if DELL ships OEM CD for Windows XP home on the new XPS
Gen3 systems?

Your best bet is to call and verify - the newer systems are shipping
without media. Gen-3 is an older system, and may still ship with media.
Gen-4 is probably shipping without it.

Wayne wrote:
> Does anyone know if DELL ships OEM CD for Windows XP home on the new XPS
> Gen3 systems?

I've had my Gen3 for 2 moths, and it's ALREADY an older system?

"Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Your best bet is to call and verify - the newer systems are shipping
> without media. Gen-3 is an older system, and may still ship with media.
> Gen-4 is probably shipping without it.
>

> Wayne wrote:
>> Does anyone know if DELL ships OEM CD for Windows XP home on the new XPS
>> Gen3 systems?

It was an 'older system' the day after it arrived on your doorstep.
"Guess Who" <chippe01@REMOVETHIShotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've had my Gen3 for 2 moths, and it's ALREADY an older system?
>
> "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
>> Your best bet is to call and verify - the newer systems are shipping
>> without media. Gen-3 is an older system, and may still ship with media.
>> Gen-4 is probably shipping without it.
>>

>> Wayne wrote:
>>> Does anyone know if DELL ships OEM CD for Windows XP home on the new XPS
>>> Gen3 systems?

Actually, once DELL shipped it was an older system. ;-)