Sony Gouging

I just got a Sony DPP-EX50 dye sub 4x6 printer as part of a swap and it
didn't come with the driver CD.

Sony provides downloadable drivers for their other models but they say
I have to BUY the CD for this printer ($15 USD) and wait for it in the
mail.

I find this practice abusive and wanted to let you all know that it's
going on.

zakezuke

> I find this practice abusive and wanted to let you all know that it's
> going on

Great... so noted.

Keep in mind that this happens often. Sometimes the manufacturer
doesn't have the rights to give you a freebee. This is common among
scanners and aio units. I know this was true of someone who bought a HP
PSC 950 some years back, but HP has since released the drivers on the
website.

roy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003

<ely.marrero@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I just got a Sony DPP-EX50 dye sub 4x6 printer as part of a swap and it
> didn't come with the driver CD.
>
> Sony provides downloadable drivers for their other models but they say
> I have to BUY the CD for this printer ($15 USD) and wait for it in the
> mail.
>
> I find this practice abusive and wanted to let you all know that it's
> going on.

What is abusive about it.

You did not buy the Printer from Sony, you bought it, or swapped it, from
someone else. If you have a complaint about the missing CD, complain to
your actual supplier.

$15 seems very easonable to me.

Roy G

IT IS VERY ABUSIVE

Roy wrote:

><ely.marrero@gmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>I just got a Sony DPP-EX50 dye sub 4x6 printer as part of a swap and it
>>didn't come with the driver CD.
>>
>>Sony provides downloadable drivers for their other models but they say
>>I have to BUY the CD for this printer ($15 USD) and wait for it in the
>>mail.
>>
>>I find this practice abusive and wanted to let you all know that it's
>>going on.
>>

>What is abusive about it.
>
>You did not buy the Printer from Sony, you bought it, or swapped it, from
>someone else. If you have a complaint about the missing CD, complain to
>your actual supplier.
>
>$15 seems very easonable to me.
>
>Roy G

<ely.marrero@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I just got a Sony DPP-EX50 dye sub 4x6 printer as part of a swap and it
> didn't come with the driver CD.
>
> Sony provides downloadable drivers for their other models but they say
> I have to BUY the CD for this printer ($15 USD) and wait for it in the
> mail.
>
> I find this practice abusive and wanted to let you all know that it's
> going on.

If it's just the driver you need it looks like you can download it from Sony
Europe instead.

http://www.sonydigital-link.com/DIME/downloads/downloads.asp?l=en&t=d&s=print#driver_ex

I hope this helps!

Patrick