I purchased a MN-500 and MN-510 two years ago, installed
them and everything worked fine... no problems up until
approximately 3 weeks ago.

Now, the signal strength goes from 'No Signal' to
Excellent' almost at will. It seems that there is a great
connection for about 5-10 minutes, then the signal degrades
until it is lost. 10-15 minutes later... it's back as if
nothing was wrong.

I have reset the base unit twice, changed the channel (in
case another local wireless was interfering), upgraded
software and I've finally come here for help... I'm pretty
sure that it's not an interference issue, because the
signal loss is fairly regular and, like I said, I've been
running almost 2 years without any problems. It's almost
as if the base unit heats up and the signal cuts out...
when it cools down, the signal comes back.

I am assuming that either the transmitter or the receiver
is at fault... is there a way of finding out which one
could be the cause of the problem?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Jim,
I wish I had the answer to this question because I have
been having the exact same problem with my mn-500/mn-510
setup.

Im thinking it could be increased wireless interference in
my neighborhood.

Anybody out there able to help us out?

Fran

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2003

Maybe 2 years is the life of this router? Mine just quit transmitting all
together overnight. It functions perfectly as a router (wired) but none of
my three wireless devices sees any available network anymore. I'm thinking
the transmitter died and was looking for a way to test if it is even
transmitting?