Stuttering problem in graphics and sound

shadowjack

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2002
I have an asus a7n266-vm new motherboard with an old 1ghz AMD athlon cpu. A geforce4 TI4200 64mb graphics card. The sound card built in uses the same interrupt as the agp card.
I get a lot of sound stuttering and some video stutter during games. It uses 2100 DDR memory. The CPU buss is 100mzh and the mem 133DDR. A friend says since the cpu is being hit twice as fast as regular memory, and it is causing this problem? Should I get a faster CPU, like an AMD XP???? Any help would be appreciated.

sturm

Splendid
more than likely the problem is because the agp and audio are using the same irq. their both trying to access the cpu at the same time and must take turns causing the chopping. u need to change one of the irq. look in bios and see if u can set one to a different irq

shadowjack

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2002
I am sure the problem is the shared IRQ. But I can't change it in WIN98SE safe mode, because the devices don't work if I do that.

I have to change in bios of the ASUS A7N266-vm mb. Can't find a way to do that. ASUS is usually unavailabe, not not available on weekends.