Intel i5 2410 or AMD a6 3400m?? HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB MARTINEZ

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
Hello,
i just bought a laptop and its an hp dv6 with an intel i5 2.3ghz turbo boost up to 2.9

im wondering if this is a good laptop or should i go back and get an hp dv7 which has an AMD A6 3400 quad core 1.4ghz/2.3ghz accelerated proccessor??!!! HELP ME CHOOSE!

im mainly wanting fast download speeds and fast internet surfing good graphics cause i like watching movies

crisan_tiberiu

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
1. you dont need "good" graphics to watch movies, both of those laptops will answer to your need @ that segment.
2. The i5 its a dual core with HT, the A6 its a native quad core.
3. The a6 3400m has a AMD Radeon HD 6520G witch is much better then intel's HD graphics.
Personaly, i think Liano its the way to go on laptops/notebooks atm even with the advantage of intel on the CPU segment.
I am not an AMD fan boy, i have an i7 2600k in my desktop, but i also have an laptop with i3 and intel HD graphics...bleh i am really considering a liano laptop for replacement...

Both of these are dependent on your ISP connection and how well it performs.
Both laptops have no effect on how fast download and surfing will be.
They both have network capabilities FAR beyond what your internet connection has.

HP dv6 / Core i5 combo is a very strong performer for what you want.
It's Intel HD 3000 Graphics is roughly equal to the Geforce 310M or Radeon HD 5450 dedicated graphics cards and is plenty of GPU power for HD movies and all the home office / Entertainment stuff you'll do with your laptop.

Saraiglamour

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011

Hi everyone, WR2, I am glad I found this post. I have been searching and searching for answers comparing the i5 2430m 6GB ram, against the A6-3400m 8GB ram in a HP brand laptops. Everybody's opinions are mostly based on gaming, inwhich I will not be doing much of unless it the Sims 3, lol. But what I will be doing alot of is Editing Photography. I need to run big programs like Photoshop CS5, LightRoom, Maybe some Premiere or Coral paintshop for light video editing, but mostly for Video Slide Shows, etc. I use this alot for my weddings, no major video tho. I do love nice graphics. But my biggest concern is Both speed and graphics to edit photos, but I guess speed more, because even on my desktop, my adobe programs tend to freeze up alot if I have photoshop and Lightroom running at the same time, plus the internet browser open, etc. And at times I may even need to have programs like Word running as well.

So my question is would it be fair to use the same comparisons as I keep hearing for gaming, like the A6 may be slightly better or do you still think the I5, after hearing all that I need to use it for. Thanks so much guys for anyone that can answer this for me.

starringu@saraiglamour.com

Status
Not open for further replies.