November 2, 2002 8:28:25 PM

1) Had a P4T533-C delivered and PC1066 which was incompatible
2) Changed to P4T533 mobo to fit the 32bit PC166
3) P4T533 = faulty, returned it... 3 week delay
4) CPU (2.53GHz) faulty, returned it
5) New CPU and new P5T533 - computer crashes/unstable etc
6) Returned rambus memory and P4T533
7) Bought P4S533 and 512MB DDR 333

Connected my new gear up, CPU temp runs up to 67C and computer shuts down even in BIOS mode? XP install shuts down when reaching the initial stage or computer won't even boot. I've had 4 motherboards, 2 cpus and 2 types of memory, and my PC is STILL not working...

I tried a new PSU on my latest gear, but it acts the same. I tried with different graphics cards etc. All I can imagine now is that new CPU I got was actually a previous return from someone??

Has anyone ever had problems with a CPU acting this way, or is it always motherboard/memory related?

More about : named god hate

a b à CPUs
a b } Memory
November 2, 2002 9:32:23 PM

I don't hate you. Through trials you will learn patience and perseverence.

PC1066 IS 16-bit. If you got 32-bit RDRAM, it was RIMM4200 mislabled PC1066 by your supplier. Your supplier made a mistake. To er is human, to forgive is devine.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
November 2, 2002 10:52:47 PM

The P4T533 is a nightmare currenly, some people claim there is a new rev on the market yet no one is getting them.

I bet there is a mass amount of bad P4T533 boards that need to be removed from inventory and ASUS is not recalling.

I went thru 3 P4T533 in a little over a weeks time, and none were stable at stock speeds, coughing up BSOD a few seconds after booting. I had one that would "NO CPU INSTALLED, NO CPU INSTALLED" a few days before it self destructed playing "sianara" in four part harmony.

Sorry no link to <A HREF="http://www.hardforums.com" target="_new">hardforums as they are down</A>. There is a thread with over 111,000 views about the P4T533 problems.

You are limited to what your mind can perceive.
Related resources
November 3, 2002 1:54:36 AM

This is not uncommon. Asus's i850e boards have been pretty horrid. I would suggest a Gigabyte board for future reference. At least, until Asus manages to get their [-peep-] together.
As for the high temp, make sure you have the heatsink placed properly and use some AC3.

"We are Microsoft, resistance is futile." - Bill Gates, 2015.
November 3, 2002 3:19:44 AM

I owned one of the first P4T533's available, and quite skilled in the installation of my waterblock with AS3 as I change hardware more than you change underware.

I was able to manage 176x4 on the second board and I should have kept that RIM4200 from that one. I have been waiting for the new rev of P4T533. I was trying hard to get a good board and did not suceed so I gave up for a while.

I am yet to find a motherboard that beats the IT7-MAX, Gigabyte is stepping backwards with current offerings so I doubt I will go that direction. Granite bay may change things.

a b à CPUs
a b } Memory
November 3, 2002 4:21:32 AM

Do you know anyone who has even TRIED an Aopen AX4T II-133? According to Aopen they clock up to 248MHz, yet I have not seen one person or site put it to the test!

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
November 3, 2002 5:36:20 AM

That one is new to me, Ill research it.

I have not seen anyone mention it yet other than you.

a b à CPUs
a b } Memory
November 3, 2002 6:59:34 AM

Exactly, I seem to be the only person on the whole damed www that knows it exists!

!