CPU Stickers @ Microdirect

Tom_Smart

Illustrious
they have been doing that for a while now. They claim it's because they get so many fraudulent returns. They also slice open the retail plastic packing on AMD's to get the stickers on them. Still they are a reasonably well priced seller and only down the road from me.

?8=‡”ƒÎ

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
LOL, that sticker would actually void Intel's warranty on a retail processor. And Intel's warranty is worth more. The lessson here? Always buy the retail processor, screw the vender warranty.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
man, thats pretty bad. a local retailer in my area does something similar on the athlons. they put the warantee void sticker over the l1 bridges, thats fine and dandy unless you want to use a shim. its not that much difference, but its enough, whats worse is they put the price on the same sticker, when the price changes they just stick another sticker on there. 3, 4 price changes, you get the idea.

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal

Imphy

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
Not only that, the processor I've got is actually broken and it's my SECOND processor from microdirect and I'm (believe it or not) on my FOURTH motherboard due to foulups with deliveries and faulty components.

I think most of my stuff is finally working apart from the CPU now so they'll have a not so happy phone call from me tomorrow.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
and thats why i do all my online shopping at newegg, exept when they dont have one im looking for.

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal

Stiffler

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2001
I live down the road from them too :p
... well kinda !

Although I think that Scan will beat them on price 90% of the time, and thats just up the motorway to Bolton.

About the sticker yes LOL and there are lots of distributers I have seen that do that not just this one particular company ! I do worry though about the people who believe what these stickers say, and leave them on ???

Tim

I can call you Betty, and Betty when you call me... You can call me Al

Tom_Smart

Illustrious
Both Scan and MD lie within the PCWorld Manchester price match area. Always check if PCWorld Have the product you’re looking for. They will price match it and give you a further discount of 10% of the difference. Their return policy is better and they give better service.

?8=‡”ƒÎ

Stiffler

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2001
wow ??? Honest LMAO I never ever thought of that.... Oh god I feel foolish now :/

Jeez there is a PCworld 4 min drive from my house (Oldham one near Boundry park)

Tim

Tom_Smart

Illustrious
And I deserved your sarcasm for what? The post was intended to inform not offend. I'm sorry if your apparently limited intellect got it confused. I suggest you start with a children’s reading book and gradually work your way up to intelligent responses.

?8=‡”ƒÎ

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
That's what I was refering too. I was saying that if you buy the retail CPU and leave the sticker on, INTEL's warranty will be void. So if you buy a CPU from them, it should be retail, and you should peel the sticker off. Because Intel's warranty is worth more than theirs.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Stiffler

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2001
I have no idea what you are talking about :/ and now I am quite insulted... in fact pretty much the worse thing anyone has said to me here.

Bloody hell dude take a chill pill and learn to see that sometimes what is said may be completely sincear !

I have almost never used sarcasm online as the one of its largest identifing factors (Tone of voice) doesn't exist with just words. Hmmmm although

<i>your just your typical well mannared Mancunien I see</i>

buddry

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2002
linky
<A HREF="http://www.imphenzia.com/testing/p4sticker.jpg" target="_new">http://www.imphenzia.com/testing/p4sticker.jpg</A>

<font color=blue>I want to save the world for my children, but not my children's children, because children shouldn't be having sex. - Deep Thought</font color=blue>

Tom_Smart

Illustrious
Sorry, but it looked sarcastic to me. I was in a foul mood when i posted. As for the chill pill i don't really need one. [humour]As for insulted I'm sorry you feel that way, but i assure you tou have had your revenge. I'm a Scouser and being called any kind of a Mancunien is not at all amusimg to me.[/humour]. Hope any further postings we make are less missinterpreted.

?8=‡”ƒÎ

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Mmmmm. What a <font color=red>DUMB</font color=red> location for a sticker! Thats going to do great things for heat transfer AND how flat the heatsink sits (or doesnt) on the cpu surface.

I also wouldn't be suprised if the paper or glue of the sticker starts smelling of a 'cooked' smell after a while.

<b>Is that a Sidetracked Thread I see before me? - <i>William Shakespeare, Macbeth</i></b>
Officially Certified <font color=green>Hooter Inspector.</font color=green>