Toshiba Laptop Thoughts

Hey all - my Granddad (yup) has his eye on laptop and he likes this one

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba+-+Satellite+Laptop+/+AMD+E-Series+Processor+/+15.6%26%2334%3B+Display+/+4GB+Memory+-+Black/3438577.p?id=1218402124648&skuId=3438577

he's only going to be using it for internet browsing (email, etrading, etc). I like all the specs except I'm unsure about the processor. Thoughts on whether this will work for him?
2 answers Last reply
More about toshiba laptop thoughts
  1. generally I'm inclined to say it will be ok for internet, but since it's at best buy, is there any chance you can go have a look at it? I think that would be the best option.

it should be on a level of core 2 duo
  2. I just picked up an Acer Aspire notebook from target today for 197.99 and it had the C-50 @1.3ghz, and this little thing is very fast. It only has 2gb ram which i planned to upgrade to 4gb. with that laptop (E-300) it should be just as fast as this c-50 cpu if not faster since it has 4gb ram. if you plan on multitasking then it might slow u down a bit. while installing my antivirus and browsing the web, the cpu did peak up to 80% usage. its perfect for web browsing and netflix which is what i got mine for. c-50 i believe is just better at power saving while e-300 uses a bit more power.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Toshiba Processors Internet