Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Cod

jamie07

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
MY kingston thumbdrive used to work fine..till i lend it to my friend, while he did not eject the thumbdrive and just pull it out few times... now my thumbdrive having this error and there are many important files in it~!!!!

I tired updating my driver, already the the latest..downloaded the scan n repair driver from microsoft, it's still not working...what else can i do... it does not even appear in my computer to let me fix or reformat ..any better solution ..

Jonmor68

Distinguished
Closing the stable doors after the horse has bolted, but never allow anyone to use your drives of any discription that contain important data, which by the way should have been burnt to a cd/dvd for security. You should always have more then one copy of what you can't afford to loose.

jamie07

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
er well i tink its toasted... well yea i learn my lesson , nvm be so kind to lend to frens even in despo situation since they nvr care ur stuff... i went to a shop n ask if there is any chance recovering.. but yea he said nope.........haven try using on apple/ linux comp... got to find someone comp and try then...