SeaDooXP2000

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2002
Saw some 3.06's at ebay and under pricewatch, least you can get one for is just under 700 F$$$$$' dollars, i was also wondering how high(from what is known) with decent cooling i could oc a 3.06

eden

Champion
I still say somebody has to be downright stupid to shell out this much.

We need lower-class CPU HT-enabled P4s.

--
*You can do anything you set your mind to man. -Eminem

castle

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2002
Who do you think are more stupid, those who buy 3.06G P4 with $700 now, or those who hold cash waiting for the imaginary Hammer?

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
Those who spend the 700 now.

"I can't promise perfection but I'll give it a fair shot and hope that it doesn't take away from the sponteneity and good humour of the forum, which I really enjoy." - <b>WingDing</b>

eden

Champion
This is the problem. People think after a few month it will be affordable and all, but Intel isn't releasing a new wave of CPUs as fast anymore. THG shows the 3.2GHZ next year. Three speed grades later, the 3.06GHZ will be like the 2.6GHZ if not higher, so it's not yet THE most affordable.
No, it'll still be a while before HT CPUs are at home, unless Intel does create lower-end CPUs with them.

--
*You can do anything you set your mind to man. -Eminem

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Hey eden , you might be interested in <A HREF="http://www.overclockers.com/tips00184/" target="_new">THIS</A> and also <A HREF="http://www.vr-zone.com/#2742" target="_new">THIS!</A>

<b>All CDs will be protected and you are a filthy pirate! - <i>Bertelsmann Music Group (BMG)</i>
Serving THGC for over 2 years.</b>

wschuerm

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
yeah I read something about that, it'll probably backfire on intel , but it doesn't surprise me, it's marketing and strategy, they were probaly thinking hey amd doesnt' even have it's 2800+ on the market and were here with our 3.06 HT (they were probably thinking about naming it 3.06+ or 3.06X2 , people in this forum understand something about computers, but most people that buy one never even open their case let alone wonder , they just listen to the sales people and see the ads "you're getting 2 for the price of one" or something like that, it's an interesting technology but hell graphics boards already run at 256bit it's time the CPU followed and we're still stuck at 32 bit and 64 bit in highend servers

Remember the time You used 20Mb harddrives