Mornington Crescent *of* *the* **FUTURE**!!!

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

A few months ago, TfL unveiled a "future of transport" map which shows how
the Underground map will look in 2016 if they got funding for the projects
they wanted to build.

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/_images/misc/future_transport_map.pdf

Some particular National Rail lines were included on the map as well as
Crossrail, Thameslink extensions, the ELLX, Cross River Transit, DLR
extensions, East London Transit, Greenwich Waterfront Transit, the West
London Tram, the Croydon Tramlink extensions, the Croxley Link, Terminal 5
and Stratford International.

So, how is work progressing with the MC rules committee incorporating these
changes into the game? When will the new, futuristic, 2016 edition of the
game be ready?

"Solar Penguin" <solar.penguin@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>A few months ago, TfL unveiled a "future of transport" map which shows how
>the Underground map will look in 2016 if they got funding for the projects
>they wanted to build.
>
>http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/_images/misc/future_transport_map.pdf
>
>Some particular National Rail lines were included on the map as well as
>Crossrail, Thameslink extensions, the ELLX, Cross River Transit, DLR
>extensions, East London Transit, Greenwich Waterfront Transit, the West
>London Tram, the Croydon Tramlink extensions, the Croxley Link, Terminal 5
>and Stratford International.

Oh well, I guess we better get started then...

Catesby Street.

>So, how is work progressing with the MC rules committee incorporating these
>changes into the game? When will the new, futuristic, 2016 edition of the
>game be ready?

Yes (though not by 2016, obviously)

--
Mornington Crescent.
Unlike Chess, it takes a lifetime to learn the rules,

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

John A Fotheringham <jaf@jafsoft.com> somehow managed to post:

>"Solar Penguin" <solar.penguin@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/_images/misc/future_transport_map.pdf
>>
>Oh well, I guess we better get started then...
>
>Catesby Street.

I'll try to stem any early bi-polar disorientation
by heading South to ...

Norbury.

--
HooDooWitch (NaCl - Gratis)

Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004
Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

It was probably on Thu, 07 Oct 2004 10:27:18 +0100 in the deepest
depths of uk.games.mornington-crescent, HooDooWitch
<hoodoowitch.REM@OVE.hindcottage.co.uk> mentioned in about 19 lines
>John A Fotheringham <jaf@jafsoft.com> somehow managed to post:
>
>>"Solar Penguin" <solar.penguin@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/_images/misc/future_transport_map.pdf
>>>
>>Oh well, I guess we better get started then...
>>
>>Catesby Street.
>
>I'll try to stem any early bi-polar disorientation
>by heading South to ...
>
>Norbury.

Isle of Dogs
--
Jimbo
jimbo@felixent.farce9.co.uk [replace farce9 with force9]

--- Jimbo said:

> <hoodoowitch.REM@OVE.hindcottage.co.uk> mentioned in about 19 lines
> >John A Fotheringham <jaf@jafsoft.com> somehow managed to post:
> >
> >>"Solar Penguin" <solar.penguin@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> >>

>>>http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/_images/misc/future_transport_map.
pdf

> >>Oh well, I guess we better get started then...
> >>
> >>Catesby Street.
> >
> >Norbury.
>
> Isle of Dogs

Albert Square

"Solar Penguin" <solar.penguin@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:<2sn62cF1niqhaU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> pdf
> > >Norbury.
> > Isle of Dogs
> Albert Square

Emirates Airlines Stadium ( as Arsenal is to be renamed!)

stephen

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 10:46:38 +0100, "Solar Penguin"
<solar.penguin@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>--- Jimbo said:
>
>> <hoodoowitch.REM@OVE.hindcottage.co.uk> mentioned in about 19 lines
>> >John A Fotheringham <jaf@jafsoft.com> somehow managed to post:

>pdf

>> >Norbury.
>>
>> Isle of Dogs
>
>Albert Square
Kennington Oval

--
Bill Hayles
billnot@billnot.com

--- Stephen Allcroft said:

> > > Isle of Dogs
> > Albert Square
>
> Emirates Airlines Stadium ( as Arsenal is to be renamed!)

Moonbase Alpha (via Branson's Virgin spaceplane)

--- Bill Hayles said:

> >> Isle of Dogs
> >
> >Albert Square
> Kennington Oval

St. Georges's [sic] Circus

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

"Solar Penguin" <solar.penguin@tiscali.co.uk> somehow managed to post:

>.pdf

>> >Albert Square
>> Kennington Oval
>St. Georges's [sic] Circus

Spelling Common

--
HooDooWitch (NaCl - Gratis)

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:12:11 +0100, "Solar Penguin"
<solar.penguin@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>> Kennington Oval
>
>St. Georges's [sic] Circus

I think you mean Circu's

========================
Tim

(remove nospam to reply)
========================

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:12:11 +0100, "Solar Penguin"
<solar.penguin@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>.pdf

>> >Albert Square
>> Kennington Oval
>St. Georges's [sic] Circus
Triangle Sidings

--
Bill Hayles
billnot@billnot.com

--- Bill Hayles said:

> >> Kennington Oval
> >St. Georges's [sic] Circus
> Triangle Sidings

Y'know, with all these shape based locations in play, I really need
something named after a Crescent for my next move. But I can't think of
one...

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 11:25:20 +0100, "Solar Penguin"
<solar.penguin@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>--- Bill Hayles said:

>p.pdf

>> >St. Georges's [sic] Circus
>> Triangle Sidings
>
>Y'know, with all these shape based locations in play, I really need
>something named after a Crescent for my next move. But I can't think of
>one...

No, we can't get there yet - the Circle Line is still in knid.
Maybe this will help.

Half Moon Lane.

--
Bill Hayles
billnot@billnot.com

--- Bill Hayles said:

> On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 11:25:20 +0100, "Solar Penguin"
> >
> >--- Bill Hayles said:
> >
> >> <solar.penguin@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> >> >

>>>http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/_images/misc/future_transport_map.
pdf

> >> Triangle Sidings
> >
> >Y'know, with all these shape based locations in play, I really need
> >something named after a Crescent for my next move. But I can't think
of
> >one...
>
> No, we can't get there yet - the Circle Line is still in knid.
> Maybe this will help.
>
> Half Moon Lane.

Sunbeam Road

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 11:21:01 +0100, "Solar Penguin"
<solar.penguin@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>--- Bill Hayles said:

>pdf

>> >Y'know, with all these shape based locations in play, I really need
>> >something named after a Crescent for my next move. But I can't think
>of
>> >one...
>>
>> No, we can't get there yet - the Circle Line is still in knid.
>> Maybe this will help.
>>
>> Half Moon Lane.
>>

>Sunbeam Road
North Pole Junction
--
Bill Hayles
billnot@billnot.com

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

>>pdf

>>of
>>>
>>> No, we can't get there yet - the Circle Line is still in knid.
>>> Maybe this will help.
>>>
>>> Half Moon Lane.
>>>

>>Sunbeam Road
>North Pole Junction
Alaska Common

--
Mornington Crescent.
Unlike Chess, it takes a lifetime to learn the rules,
and 5 minutes to master

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:59:15 +0100, John A Fotheringham
<jaf@jafsoft.com> wrote:

>>>pdf

>>>of

>>>Sunbeam Road
>>North Pole Junction
>Alaska Common
Tooting Common via Egypt

--
Bill Hayles
billnot@billnot.com

Bill Hayles <billnot@billnot.com> wrote:

>>>North Pole Junction
>>Alaska Common
>Tooting Common via Egypt
Cleopatra's Needle (but in 1000 BC via Tardis)
--
Mornington Crescent.
Unlike Chess, it takes a lifetime to learn the rules,
and 5 minutes to master

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:59:47 +0100, John A Fotheringham
<jaf@jafsoft.com> wrote:

>Bill Hayles <billnot@billnot.com> wrote:

>>>Alaska Common
>>Tooting Common via Egypt
>Cleopatra's Needle (but in 1000 BC via Tardis)
I'm huffing your Tardis
Skaro.

--
Bill Hayles
billnot@billnot.com

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

>>>Tooting Common via Egypt
>>Cleopatra's Needle (but in 1000 BC via Tardis)
>I'm huffing your Tardis
>Skaro.

<dan_maskell> Ooh! I say! </dan_maskell>

Wimbledon, Henman's Hill.

--
Mornington Crescent.
Unlike Chess, it takes a lifetime to learn the rules,
and 5 minutes to master

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 16:31:54 +0100, John A Fotheringham
<jaf@jafsoft.com> wrote:

>>>Cleopatra's Needle (but in 1000 BC via Tardis)
>>I'm huffing your Tardis
>>Skaro.
>
><dan_maskell> Ooh! I say! </dan_maskell>
>
>Wimbledon, Henman's Hill.
Tunbridge Wells, Hall's Hole

--
Bill Hayles
billnot@billnot.com

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

Bill Hayles <billnot@billnot.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 16:31:54 +0100, John A Fotheringham
><jaf@jafsoft.com> wrote:

>>>I'm huffing your Tardis
>>>Skaro.
>>
>><dan_maskell> Ooh! I say! </dan_maskell>
>>
>>Wimbledon, Henman's Hill.
>Tunbridge Wells, Hall's Hole

Uranus, Halley's comet

--
Mornington Crescent.
Unlike Chess, it takes a lifetime to learn the rules,
and 5 minutes to master

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:38:21 +0100, John A Fotheringham
<jaf@jafsoft.com> wrote:

>Bill Hayles <billnot@billnot.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 16:31:54 +0100, John A Fotheringham
>><jaf@jafsoft.com> wrote:

>>><dan_maskell> Ooh! I say! </dan_maskell>
>>>
>>>Wimbledon, Henman's Hill.
>>Tunbridge Wells, Hall's Hole
>
>Uranus, Halley's comet

Mornington Crescent (using the Tardis I huffed to go back to 1986)

--
Bill Hayles
billnot@billnot.com

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

Bill Hayles <billnot@billnot.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:38:21 +0100, John A Fotheringham
><jaf@jafsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Bill Hayles <billnot@billnot.com> wrote:

>>>Tunbridge Wells, Hall's Hole
>>
>>Uranus, Halley's comet
>
>Mornington Crescent (using the Tardis I huffed to go back to 1986)

Doh!

(under future rules this will be the known as the "Homer" response,
equivalent to saying "good shot" through gritted teeth in Croquet).