Another Game

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

Standard Ruleset. I'll start

Chalfont & Latimer
25 answers Last reply
More about another game
  1. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 07:21:09 -0700, Stephen Allcroft wrote:

    > Standard Ruleset. I'll start

    Is that the Harris & Weaver 1972 Standard Ruleset or the International
    Mornington Crescent Commitee 2002 third edition Standard Ruleset or the
    Oxford Press Concise Standard Ruleset with forward by Humphrey Littleton?

    > Chalfont & Latimer

    Bad move, Baker Street, which puts you in kip please put all your green
    tokens into the pot and miss a turn ...

    Tower Hill
  2. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 22:40:05 +0100, CJ Llewellyn
    <cj.llewellyn@gmail.com> wrote:

    >On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 07:21:09 -0700, Stephen Allcroft wrote:
    >
    >> Standard Ruleset. I'll start
    >
    >Is that the Harris & Weaver 1972 Standard Ruleset or the International
    >Mornington Crescent Commitee 2002 third edition Standard Ruleset or the
    >Oxford Press Concise Standard Ruleset with forward by Humphrey Littleton?
    >
    >> Chalfont & Latimer
    >
    >Bad move, Baker Street, which puts you in kip please put all your green
    >tokens into the pot and miss a turn ...
    >
    >Tower Hill

    Hmm, Dollis Hill? Or is that an illegal move at this point? Damn,
    where'd I put my tube map?
  3. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 11:12:36 +0100, Lister wrote:

    > On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 22:40:05 +0100, CJ Llewellyn
    > <cj.llewellyn@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 07:21:09 -0700, Stephen Allcroft wrote:
    >>
    >>> Standard Ruleset. I'll start
    >>
    >>Is that the Harris & Weaver 1972 Standard Ruleset or the International
    >>Mornington Crescent Commitee 2002 third edition Standard Ruleset or the
    >>Oxford Press Concise Standard Ruleset with forward by Humphrey Littleton?
    >>
    >>> Chalfont & Latimer
    >>
    >>Bad move, Baker Street, which puts you in kip please put all your green
    >>tokens into the pot and miss a turn ...
    >>
    >>Tower Hill
    >>

    > Hmm, Dollis Hill? Or is that an illegal move at this point? Damn,
    > where'd I put my tube map?

    The Concise ruleset says not, but being concise does not explain why not.

    Dollis Hill.
  4. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    Angel
  5. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    Richard Huzzey <rwjh_number6NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<jJNae.3271$WW5.1553@newsfe2-win.ntli.net>...
    > Angel

    Kings Cross St Pancras
  6. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 05:30:07 -0700, Stephen Allcroft wrote:

    > Richard Huzzey <rwjh_number6NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<jJNae.3271$WW5.1553@newsfe2-win.ntli.net>...
    >> Angel
    >
    > Kings Cross St Pancras

    Bit early for that sort of thing isn't it?

    Canary Wharf
  7. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:11:16 +0100, CJ Llewellyn
    <cj.llewellyn@gmail.com> wrote:

    >On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 05:30:07 -0700, Stephen Allcroft wrote:
    >
    >> Richard Huzzey <rwjh_number6NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<jJNae.3271$WW5.1553@newsfe2-win.ntli.net>...
    >>> Angel
    >>
    >> Kings Cross St Pancras
    >
    >Bit early for that sort of thing isn't it?
    >
    >Canary Wharf

    It's never too early for that sort of thing.

    Canary Wharf? Very wise.

    This will leave the way clear for a couple of very decisive moves very
    soon. But not yet. And not from me. I'm a rather inexperienced
    player. It'll have to be...

    West Hampstead. On a rainy Thursday evening. With D.H.Lawrence
    waiting just a little way down the platform, whistling to himself.
    --
    posterMPD05
  8. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 00:38:24 +0000, Mike Dickinson wrote:

    > On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:11:16 +0100, CJ Llewellyn
    > <cj.llewellyn@gmail.com> wrote:

    >>> Kings Cross St Pancras
    >>
    >>Bit early for that sort of thing isn't it?
    >>
    >>Canary Wharf
    >
    > It's never too early for that sort of thing.
    >
    > Canary Wharf? Very wise.

    Well with nobody having played anything south of the river it's a pretty
    safe move, you've got to have at least 10 red tokens to move back onto the
    Northern Line. Leaving me free to exploit Euston at my leisure.

    > This will leave the way clear for a couple of very decisive moves very
    > soon. But not yet. And not from me. I'm a rather inexperienced
    > player. It'll have to be...
    >
    > West Hampstead. On a rainy Thursday evening. With D.H.Lawrence
    > waiting just a little way down the platform, whistling to himself.

    Parsons Green, just for a little side track.
  9. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    CJ Llewellyn wrote:
    >>>Bit early for that sort of thing isn't it?
    >>>Canary Wharf
    >> It's never too early for that sort of thing.
    >> Canary Wharf? Very wise.
    > Well with nobody having played anything south of the river it's a
    pretty
    > safe move, you've got to have at least 10 red tokens to move back
    onto the
    > Northern Line. Leaving me free to exploit Euston at my leisure.
    > Parsons Green, just for a little side track.

    Turnham Green (just get some canvassing in before Thursday)

    Stephen
  10. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    On Tue, 03 May 2005 03:32:06 -0700, stephenallcroft wrote:

    >>> It's never too early for that sort of thing.
    >>> Canary Wharf? Very wise.
    >> Well with nobody having played anything south of the river it's a
    > pretty
    >> safe move, you've got to have at least 10 red tokens to move back
    > onto the
    >> Northern Line. Leaving me free to exploit Euston at my leisure.
    >> Parsons Green, just for a little side track.
    >
    > Turnham Green (just get some canvassing in before Thursday)

    Well the counting is just about to start so I'm off to White City to watch
    Peter Snow's swingometer
  11. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    Now the elections over I'm going to Faringdon Road to complain to the
    Gauardian about the Sudoku craze.
  12. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    On Fri, 20 May 2005 07:30:45 -0700, stephenallcroft wrote:

    > Now the elections over I'm going to Faringdon Road to complain to the
    > Gauardian about the Sudoku craze.

    Heathrow 4, I just want to get out of the country FAST
  13. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    According to <stephenallcroft@lycos.co.uk>:
    >Now the elections over I'm going to Faringdon Road to complain to the
    >Gauardian about the Sudoku craze.

    Maybe I'll beat you by popping along to Fleet Street (via Temple today, I think)

    --
    Win an iPod mini: http://sig.comps.org/ipod.html
  14. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    According to <cj.llewellyn@gmail.com>:
    >> Now the elections over I'm going to Faringdon Road to complain to the
    >> Gauardian about the Sudoku craze.
    >
    >Heathrow 4, I just want to get out of the country FAST

    If it's a race, I think I'll get the shuttle bus from Canary Wharf to City
    Airport, thankyouverymuch.

    --
    Win an iPod mini: http://sig.comps.org/ipod.html
  15. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    Vicky Conlan wrote:
    > According to <cj.llewellyn@gmail.com>:
    > >> Now the elections over I'm going to Faringdon Road to complain to
    the
    > >> Gauardian about the Sudoku craze.
    > >
    > >Heathrow 4, I just want to get out of the country FAST
    >
    > If it's a race, I think I'll get the shuttle bus from Canary Wharf to
    City
    > Airport, thankyouverymuch.

    Fine, I'll go to Waterloo and get the Eurostar.

    --
    stephen
  16. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    On Mon, 23 May 2005 06:11:34 -0700, stephenallcroft wrote:

    > Vicky Conlan wrote:
    > the
    >> >
    >> >Heathrow 4, I just want to get out of the country FAST
    >>
    >> If it's a race, I think I'll get the shuttle bus from Canary Wharf to
    > City
    >> Airport, thankyouverymuch.
    >
    > Fine, I'll go to Waterloo and get the Eurostar.

    Forgot my passport, back to Victoria
  17. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    CJ Llewellyn wrote:
    > On Mon, 23 May 2005 06:11:34 -0700, stephenallcroft wrote:
    >

    > > Vicky Conlan wrote:
    > > the

    > >> If it's a race, I think I'll get the shuttle bus from Canary Wharf to
    > > City
    > >> Airport, thankyouverymuch.
    > >
    > > Fine, I'll go to Waterloo and get the Eurostar.
    >
    > Forgot my passport, back to Victoria

    St James' Park (for Petit France)
  18. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    Gateshead Stadium (for the Athletics)
  19. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    On Thu, 26 May 2005 05:47:26 -0700, stephenallcroft wrote:

    > Gateshead Stadium (for the Athletics)

    Liverpool (For the perade)

    :-)
  20. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    stephenallcroft@lycos.co.uk wrote:

    >Vicky Conlan wrote:
    >the
    >> >
    >> >Heathrow 4, I just want to get out of the country FAST
    >>
    >> If it's a race, I think I'll get the shuttle bus from Canary Wharf to
    >City
    >> Airport, thankyouverymuch.
    >
    >Fine, I'll go to Waterloo and get the Eurostar.

    On my bike to Baker Street - for the fresh air

    --
    HTML-to-text and markup removal with Detagger
    http://www.jafsoft.com/detagger/

    >> the

    >>> If it's a race, I think I'll get the shuttle bus from Canary Wharf to
    >> City
    >>> Airport, thankyouverymuch.
    >>
    >> Fine, I'll go to Waterloo and get the Eurostar.
    >
    >Forgot my passport, back to Victoria

    Victoria was in Istanbul, hop on the Gatwick Express to catch up.
    --
    Win an iPod mini: http://sig.comps.org/ipod.html
  22. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 13:43:32 +0000, Vicky Conlan wrote:

    >>> the

    >>> City
    >>>
    >>> Fine, I'll go to Waterloo and get the Eurostar.
    >>
    >>Forgot my passport, back to Victoria
    >
    > Victoria was in Istanbul, hop on the Gatwick Express to catch up.

    Did Victoria bring back some duty frees? If not then the Elephant &
    Castle
  23. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    >>>Forgot my passport, back to Victoria
    >>
    >> Victoria was in Istanbul, hop on the Gatwick Express to catch up.
    >
    >Did Victoria bring back some duty frees? If not then the Elephant &
    >Castle

    There's a bottle of ouzo on my desk at work. White City if you want to visit
    --
    Win an iPod mini: http://sig.comps.org/ipod.html
  24. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    On Sat, 28 May 2005 22:13:19 +0000, Vicky Conlan wrote:

    >>> Victoria was in Istanbul, hop on the Gatwick Express to catch up.
    >>
    >>Did Victoria bring back some duty frees? If not then the Elephant &
    >>Castle
    >
    > There's a bottle of ouzo on my desk at work. White City if you want to visit

    That's a date, Camden Town to pick up some new threads
  25. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    While walk down the road a bit and enjoy an all-day breakfast in...
    Mornington Crescent!

Games Video Games