New game

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

Croydon is wild if you've got enough tokens.

I'll start:

Birkbeck

According to <pippa.moran@gmail.com>:
>Croydon is wild if you've got enough tokens.

Do we have any tokens to start with, or do we have to collect them along the way?

>I'll start:
>Birkbeck

Just in case, I'll head to Bank to collect my first token.

--
UK Competitions and slogans: http://sig.comps.org/

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 12:39:02 +0000, Vicky Conlan wrote:

> According to <pippa.moran@gmail.com>:
>>Croydon is wild if you've got enough tokens.
>
> Do we have any tokens to start with, or do we have to collect them along the way?
>
>>I'll start:
>>Birkbeck
>
> Just in case, I'll head to Bank to collect my first token.

While you're there can you pay the gas bill?

Kings Cross.

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

In article <pan.2005.06.06.20.40.18.782963@gmail.com>, CJ Llewellyn
wrote:
> While you're there can you pay the gas bill?
>
> Kings Cross.

While you're there, can you pay my season ticket bill?

--
Aidan Karley,
Geologist,

According to <doIlookDAFTenoughTOpost@validEMAILaddressTOa.NEWS.group>:
>> While you're there can you pay the gas bill?
>>
>> Kings Cross.
>>
> While you're there, can you pay my season ticket bill?

Can give it a go - who do you support?

Hmm. I'll try Highbury + Islington, just in case

--

In article <d83s0p$sop$1@magenta.plig.net>, Vicky Conlan wrote:
> Can give it a go - who do you support?

Midland Mainline.

Queen Street (last underground station I was at).

--
Aidan Karley,
Geologist,

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

According to <doIlookDAFTenoughTOpost@validEMAILaddressTOa.NEWS.group>:
>> Can give it a go - who do you support?
> Midland Mainline.

Ah. Did they win the cup last year?

> Queen Street (last underground station I was at).

I'll take the easy option of King's Cross, then, please.

--

Vicky Conlan wrote:
> >> Ah. Did they win the cup last year?
> > Errr, there was a battered paper cup on the nice new St Pancras
> >platform last time I was there, with a pigeon eating out of it. Is that
> >the cup you mean?
>
> Yes. yes, that's exactly the right one

Did they win the pigeon with he cup? Or did it come separately?

> >> I'll take the easy option of King's Cross, then, please.
> > I'll have to make an out-of-plane move from Heathrow then.
> >Terminal 1/2/3.
>
> Liverpool Street for the Stansted Express

Fleet Street. Stop the press!

In article <d86nap$2d1p$1@magenta.plig.net>, Vicky Conlan wrote:
> >platform last time I was there, with a pigeon eating out of it. Is that
> >the cup you mean?
>
> Yes. yes, that's exactly the right one

The pigeon died. Horribly. They're tough birds.

> > Heathrow then.
> >Terminal 1/2/3.
>
> Liverpool Street for the Stansted Express

Gare du Nord for Paris-CDG.

(Setting you up for a bifocal huff. But if you can get to Tempelhof
you'll be lined up for the Tunnel. But how to get to Tempelhof ?!?!?!? )

--
Aidan Karley,
Geologist,

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

In article <1118244110.663277.17040@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
wrote:
> > Liverpool Street for the Stansted Express
>
> Fleet Street. Stop the press!

Trash compactor on level 9. Stop ALL the presses, R2!

--
Aidan Karley,
Geologist,

Aidan Karley, Geologist, wrote:
> In article <d86nap$2d1p$1@magenta.plig.net>, Vicky Conlan wrote:
> > >Heathrow then.
> > >Terminal 1/2/3.
> >
> > Liverpool Street for the Stansted Express
> >
> Gare du Nord for Paris-CDG.
>
> (Setting you up for a bifocal huff. But if you can get to Tempelhof
> you'll be lined up for the Tunnel. But how to get to Tempelhof ?!?!?!? )

Temple. (Well, we're halfway there. Now all we need is the hof!)

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

Aidan Karley, Geologist, wrote:
> In article <1118244110.663277.17040@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
> wrote:
> > > Liverpool Street for the Stansted Express
> >
> > Fleet Street. Stop the press!
> >
> Trash compactor on level 9. Stop ALL the presses, R2!

I'm the player who made the Dollis Hill loop in under 12 parsecs.

Aidan Karley wrote:
> > > Midland Mainline.
> >
> > Ah. Did they win the cup last year?
> >
> Errr, there was a battered paper cup on the nice new St Pancras
> platform last time I was there, with a pigeon eating out of it. Is that
> the cup you mean?
>
> > > Queen Street (last underground station I was at).
> >
> > I'll take the easy option of King's Cross, then, please.
> >
> I'll have to make an out-of-plane move from Heathrow then.
> Terminal 1/2/3.

East Croydon. (short flight to Gatwick then guided bus, then tram.)
--
Stephen Allcroft

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

In article <1118317081.128693.199050@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
wrote:
> (Well, we're halfway there. Now all we need is the hof!)

Olympia? Hall of ... something-beginning-with-F ?

--
Aidan Karley,
Geologist,

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

In article <1118320514.413907.216310@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
wrote:
> short flight to Gatwick then guided bus

Why guided? Doesn't it know the way by now?

I have a horrible feeling there's a Flanders & Swann sketch
about this.
--
Aidan Karley,
Geologist,

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

Guided so the driver can set the ticket machine for the next stop with
_both_ hands whilst the bus is on the move. They've been around for
some time now, even at Gatwick.

stephenallcroft@lycos.co.uk wrote:
> Aidan Karley wrote:
> > >
> > > I'll take the easy option of King's Cross, then, please.
> > >
> > I'll have to make an out-of-plane move from Heathrow then.
> > Terminal 1/2/3.
>
> East Croydon. (short flight to Gatwick then guided bus, then tram.)

Don't forget, Croydon is *still* wild if you've got enough tokens.
Unfortunately, I haven't, so I'll go TO KEN-sington Olympia to collect
some more. :)

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

In article <1118747525.986798.262070@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
wrote:
> Don't forget, Croydon is *still* wild

I thought Croydon was pretty wild until Archers time on Sunday
mornings, when it temporarily becomes a haven of mediocre
respectability.
I might have my thermonuclear revocation of town planning
consent targeted wrongly. But I doubt it.

--
Aidan Karley,
Geologist,

lister

On 9 Jun 2005 04:46:05 -0700, pippa.moran@gmail.com wrote:

>Aidan Karley, Geologist, wrote:
>> >
>> > Fleet Street. Stop the press!
>> >
>> Trash compactor on level 9. Stop ALL the presses, R2!
>>

>I'm the player who made the Dollis Hill loop in under 12 parsecs.

I've done it in fewer

Dollis Hill

--
How can I meet Kylie Minogue?

Lister <misterlister169@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 9 Jun 2005 04:46:05 -0700, pippa.moran@gmail.com wrote:
>

>>Aidan Karley, Geologist, wrote:

>>> Trash compactor on level 9. Stop ALL the presses, R2!
>>>

>>I'm the player who made the Dollis Hill loop in under 12 parsecs.
>

>I've done it in fewer
>
>Dollis Hill

Dolls Hill (11 moves left)

--
HTML-to-text and markup removal with Detagger
http://www.jafsoft.com/detagger/

John A Fotheringham wrote:
> >>I'm the player who made the Dollis Hill loop in under 12 parsecs.
> >I've done it in fewer
> >Dollis Hill
> Dolls Hill (11 moves left)

Croydon (i have enough tokens)

--
stephen allcroft

According to <jafsoft@gmail.com>:

>>>I'm the player who made the Dollis Hill loop in under 12 parsecs.
>>

>>I've done it in fewer
>>
>>Dollis Hill
>
>Dolls Hill (11 moves left)

Doll's Ill (Surely only 9 to go?)

--

On 27 Jul 2005 07:11:52 -0700, stephenallcroft@lycos.co.uk wrote:

>John A Fotheringham wrote:
>> >I've done it in fewer
>> >Dollis Hill
>> Dolls Hill (11 moves left)
>

>Croydon (i have enough tokens)

Illegal move

You can only go to Dollis Hill from Dollis Hill

Dollis Hill

--
How can I meet Kylie Minogue?