New game

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

Croydon is wild if you've got enough tokens.

I'll start:

Birkbeck
40 answers Last reply
More about game
  1. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    According to <pippa.moran@gmail.com>:
    >Croydon is wild if you've got enough tokens.

    Do we have any tokens to start with, or do we have to collect them along the way?

    >I'll start:
    >Birkbeck

    Just in case, I'll head to Bank to collect my first token.

    --
    UK Competitions and slogans: http://sig.comps.org/
  2. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 12:39:02 +0000, Vicky Conlan wrote:

    > According to <pippa.moran@gmail.com>:
    >>Croydon is wild if you've got enough tokens.
    >
    > Do we have any tokens to start with, or do we have to collect them along the way?
    >
    >>I'll start:
    >>Birkbeck
    >
    > Just in case, I'll head to Bank to collect my first token.

    While you're there can you pay the gas bill?

    Kings Cross.
  3. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    In article <pan.2005.06.06.20.40.18.782963@gmail.com>, CJ Llewellyn
    wrote:
    > While you're there can you pay the gas bill?
    >
    > Kings Cross.

    While you're there, can you pay my season ticket bill?

    --
    Aidan Karley,
    Geologist,

    According to <doIlookDAFTenoughTOpost@validEMAILaddressTOa.NEWS.group>:
    >> While you're there can you pay the gas bill?
    >>
    >> Kings Cross.
    >>
    > While you're there, can you pay my season ticket bill?

    Can give it a go - who do you support?

    Hmm. I'll try Highbury + Islington, just in case

    --
    UK Competitions and slogans: http://sig.comps.org/
  5. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    In article <d83s0p$sop$1@magenta.plig.net>, Vicky Conlan wrote:
    > Can give it a go - who do you support?

    Midland Mainline.

    Queen Street (last underground station I was at).

    --
    Aidan Karley,
    Geologist,

    According to <doIlookDAFTenoughTOpost@validEMAILaddressTOa.NEWS.group>:
    >> Can give it a go - who do you support?
    > Midland Mainline.

    Ah. Did they win the cup last year?

    > Queen Street (last underground station I was at).

    I'll take the easy option of King's Cross, then, please.

    --
    UK Competitions and slogans: http://sig.comps.org/
  7. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    Vicky Conlan wrote:
    > >> Ah. Did they win the cup last year?
    > > Errr, there was a battered paper cup on the nice new St Pancras
    > >platform last time I was there, with a pigeon eating out of it. Is that
    > >the cup you mean?
    >
    > Yes. yes, that's exactly the right one

    Did they win the pigeon with he cup? Or did it come separately?

    > >> I'll take the easy option of King's Cross, then, please.
    > > I'll have to make an out-of-plane move from Heathrow then.
    > >Terminal 1/2/3.
    >
    > Liverpool Street for the Stansted Express

    Fleet Street. Stop the press!
  8. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    In article <d8579e$1m4a$1@magenta.plig.net>, Vicky Conlan wrote:
    > >> Can give it a go - who do you support?
    > > Midland Mainline.
    >
    > Ah. Did they win the cup last year?

    Errr, there was a battered paper cup on the nice new St Pancras
    platform last time I was there, with a pigeon eating out of it. Is that
    the cup you mean?

    > > Queen Street (last underground station I was at).
    >
    > I'll take the easy option of King's Cross, then, please.

    I'll have to make an out-of-plane move from Heathrow then.
    Terminal 1/2/3.

    --
    Aidan Karley,
    Geologist,
  9. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    >> > Midland Mainline.
    >> Ah. Did they win the cup last year?
    > Errr, there was a battered paper cup on the nice new St Pancras
    >platform last time I was there, with a pigeon eating out of it. Is that
    >the cup you mean?

    Yes. yes, that's exactly the right one

    >> > Queen Street (last underground station I was at).
    >> I'll take the easy option of King's Cross, then, please.
    > I'll have to make an out-of-plane move from Heathrow then.
    >Terminal 1/2/3.

    Liverpool Street for the Stansted Express
    --
    UK Competitions and slogans: http://sig.comps.org/
  10. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    In article <d86nap$2d1p$1@magenta.plig.net>, Vicky Conlan wrote:
    > >platform last time I was there, with a pigeon eating out of it. Is that
    > >the cup you mean?
    >
    > Yes. yes, that's exactly the right one

    The pigeon died. Horribly. They're tough birds.

    > > Heathrow then.
    > >Terminal 1/2/3.
    >
    > Liverpool Street for the Stansted Express

    Gare du Nord for Paris-CDG.

    (Setting you up for a bifocal huff. But if you can get to Tempelhof
    you'll be lined up for the Tunnel. But how to get to Tempelhof ?!?!?!? )

    --
    Aidan Karley,
    Geologist,

    In article <1118244110.663277.17040@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
    wrote:
    > > Liverpool Street for the Stansted Express
    >
    > Fleet Street. Stop the press!

    Trash compactor on level 9. Stop ALL the presses, R2!

    --
    Aidan Karley,
    Geologist,

    Aidan Karley, Geologist, wrote:
    > In article <d86nap$2d1p$1@magenta.plig.net>, Vicky Conlan wrote:
    > > >Heathrow then.
    > > >Terminal 1/2/3.
    > >
    > > Liverpool Street for the Stansted Express
    > >
    > Gare du Nord for Paris-CDG.
    >
    > (Setting you up for a bifocal huff. But if you can get to Tempelhof
    > you'll be lined up for the Tunnel. But how to get to Tempelhof ?!?!?!? )

    Temple. (Well, we're halfway there. Now all we need is the hof!)
  13. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    Aidan Karley, Geologist, wrote:
    > In article <1118244110.663277.17040@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
    > wrote:
    > > > Liverpool Street for the Stansted Express
    > >
    > > Fleet Street. Stop the press!
    > >
    > Trash compactor on level 9. Stop ALL the presses, R2!

    I'm the player who made the Dollis Hill loop in under 12 parsecs.
  14. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    Aidan Karley wrote:
    > > > Midland Mainline.
    > >
    > > Ah. Did they win the cup last year?
    > >
    > Errr, there was a battered paper cup on the nice new St Pancras
    > platform last time I was there, with a pigeon eating out of it. Is that
    > the cup you mean?
    >
    > > > Queen Street (last underground station I was at).
    > >
    > > I'll take the easy option of King's Cross, then, please.
    > >
    > I'll have to make an out-of-plane move from Heathrow then.
    > Terminal 1/2/3.

    East Croydon. (short flight to Gatwick then guided bus, then tram.)
    --
    Stephen Allcroft
  15. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    In article <1118317081.128693.199050@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    wrote:
    > (Well, we're halfway there. Now all we need is the hof!)

    Olympia? Hall of ... something-beginning-with-F ?

    --
    Aidan Karley,
    Geologist,

    In article <1118320514.413907.216310@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    wrote:
    > short flight to Gatwick then guided bus

    Why guided? Doesn't it know the way by now?

    I have a horrible feeling there's a Flanders & Swann sketch
    about this.
    --
    Aidan Karley,
    Geologist,

    Guided so the driver can set the ticket machine for the next stop with
    _both_ hands whilst the bus is on the move. They've been around for
    some time now, even at Gatwick.
  18. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    stephenallcroft@lycos.co.uk wrote:
    > Aidan Karley wrote:
    > > >
    > > > I'll take the easy option of King's Cross, then, please.
    > > >
    > > I'll have to make an out-of-plane move from Heathrow then.
    > > Terminal 1/2/3.
    >
    > East Croydon. (short flight to Gatwick then guided bus, then tram.)

    Don't forget, Croydon is *still* wild if you've got enough tokens.
    Unfortunately, I haven't, so I'll go TO KEN-sington Olympia to collect
    some more. :-)
  19. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    In article <1118747525.986798.262070@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    wrote:
    > Don't forget, Croydon is *still* wild

    I thought Croydon was pretty wild until Archers time on Sunday
    mornings, when it temporarily becomes a haven of mediocre
    respectability.
    I might have my thermonuclear revocation of town planning
    consent targeted wrongly. But I doubt it.

    --
    Aidan Karley,
    Geologist,

    On 9 Jun 2005 04:46:05 -0700, pippa.moran@gmail.com wrote:

    >Aidan Karley, Geologist, wrote:
    >> >
    >> > Fleet Street. Stop the press!
    >> >
    >> Trash compactor on level 9. Stop ALL the presses, R2!
    >>

    >I'm the player who made the Dollis Hill loop in under 12 parsecs.

    I've done it in fewer

    Dollis Hill

    --
    How can I meet Kylie Minogue?
  21. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    Lister <misterlister169@gmail.com> wrote:

    >On 9 Jun 2005 04:46:05 -0700, pippa.moran@gmail.com wrote:
    >

    >>Aidan Karley, Geologist, wrote:

    >>> Trash compactor on level 9. Stop ALL the presses, R2!
    >>>

    >>I'm the player who made the Dollis Hill loop in under 12 parsecs.
    >

    >I've done it in fewer
    >
    >Dollis Hill

    Dolls Hill (11 moves left)

    --
    HTML-to-text and markup removal with Detagger
    http://www.jafsoft.com/detagger/

    John A Fotheringham wrote:
    > >>I'm the player who made the Dollis Hill loop in under 12 parsecs.
    > >I've done it in fewer
    > >Dollis Hill
    > Dolls Hill (11 moves left)

    Croydon (i have enough tokens)

    --
    stephen allcroft
  23. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    According to <jafsoft@gmail.com>:

    >>>I'm the player who made the Dollis Hill loop in under 12 parsecs.
    >>

    >>I've done it in fewer
    >>
    >>Dollis Hill
    >
    >Dolls Hill (11 moves left)

    Doll's Ill (Surely only 9 to go?)

    --
    UK Competitions and slogans: http://sig.comps.org/
  24. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    On 27 Jul 2005 07:11:52 -0700, stephenallcroft@lycos.co.uk wrote:

    >John A Fotheringham wrote:
    >> >I've done it in fewer
    >> >Dollis Hill
    >> Dolls Hill (11 moves left)
    >

    >Croydon (i have enough tokens)

    Illegal move

    You can only go to Dollis Hill from Dollis Hill

    Dollis Hill

    --
    How can I meet Kylie Minogue?
  25. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    comps@riffraff.plig.net (Vicky Conlan) wrote:

    >>>I've done it in fewer
    >>>
    >>>Dollis Hill
    >>
    >>Dolls Hill (11 moves left)
    >
    >Doll's Ill (Surely only 9 to go?)

    Dolly Shrill (yes that's right - 9 to go)

    --
    HTML-to-text and markup removal with Detagger
    http://www.jafsoft.com/detagger/
  26. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    --- John A Fotheringham said...
    > comps@riffraff.plig.net (Vicky Conlan) wrote:

    > >>Dolls Hill (11 moves left)
    > >
    > >Doll's Ill (Surely only 9 to go?)
    >
    > Dolly Shrill (yes that's right - 9 to go)

    Doily Spill (at least 8 to go)
  27. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    According to <solar.penguin@tiscali.co.uk>:

    >> >Doll's Ill (Surely only 9 to go?)
    >>
    >> Dolly Shrill (yes that's right - 9 to go)
    >
    >Doily Spill (at least 8 to go)

    Oily Still (this feels like forever!)
    --
    UK Competitions and slogans: http://sig.comps.org/
  28. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    comps@riffraff.plig.net (Vicky Conlan) wrote:

    >>> Dolly Shrill (yes that's right - 9 to go)
    >>
    >>Doily Spill (at least 8 to go)
    >
    >Oily Still (this feels like forever!)

    Holy Smell (does, doesn't it?)

    --
    HTML-to-text and markup removal with Detagger
    http://www.jafsoft.com/detagger/
  29. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    John A Fotheringham wrote:
    > comps@riffraff.plig.net (Vicky Conlan) wrote:

    > >>Doily Spill (at least 8 to go)
    > >
    > >Oily Still (this feels like forever!)
    >
    > Holy Smell (does, doesn't it?)

    Smelly Hole (and why not?)
  30. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    >> >Oily Still (this feels like forever!)
    >>
    >> Holy Smell (does, doesn't it?)
    >>
    >Smelly Hole (and why not?)

    Smiley Vole (why not indeed)

    --
    UK Competitions and slogans: http://sig.comps.org/
  31. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    comps@riffraff.plig.net (Vicky Conlan) wrote:

    >>> Holy Smell (does, doesn't it?)
    >>>
    >>Smelly Hole (and why not?)
    >
    >Smiley Vole (why not indeed)

    Smart volley (anyone for tennis?)
    --
    HTML-to-text and markup removal with Detagger
    http://www.jafsoft.com/detagger/
  32. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    John A Fotheringham said:

    > comps@riffraff.plig.net (Vicky Conlan) wrote:

    >>> Smelly Hole (and why not?)
    >>
    >> Smiley Vole (why not indeed)
    >
    > Smart volley (anyone for tennis?)

    Small Trolley (just popping round the supermarket!)
  33. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    >>> Smiley Vole (why not indeed)
    >>
    >> Smart volley (anyone for tennis?)
    >
    >Small Trolley (just popping round the supermarket!)

    Smell Troll-y (time for a shower, perhaps)
    --
    UK Competitions and slogans: http://sig.comps.org/
  34. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    "Vicky Conlan" <comps@riffraff.plig.net> wrote in message

    >>> Smart volley (anyone for tennis?)
    >>
    >>Small Trolley (just popping round the supermarket!)
    >
    > Smell Troll-y (time for a shower, perhaps)

    Vick-y Conla-n (heh)

    BTN
  35. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    comps@riffraff.plig.net (Vicky Conlan) wrote:

    >>> Smart volley (anyone for tennis?)
    >>
    >>Small Trolley (just popping round the supermarket!)
    >
    >Smell Troll-y (time for a shower, perhaps)

    Hello Dolly (it's so nice to see you back where you belong)
    --
    John A Fotheringham (Jaf for short)
    http://www.jafsoft.com/detagger/
    (HTML to text and markup removal)
  36. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    John A Fotheringham said:

    > comps@riffraff.plig.net (Vicky Conlan) wrote:

    >>> Small Trolley (just popping round the supermarket!)
    >>
    >> Smell Troll-y (time for a shower, perhaps)
    >
    > Hello Dolly (it's so nice to see you back where you belong)

    Dollis Hill (we're back where we belong)

    --
  37. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    pippa.moran@gmail.com wrote:
    > John A Fotheringham said:
    >
    > > comps@riffraff.plig.net (Vicky Conlan) wrote:

    > >> Smell Troll-y (time for a shower, perhaps)
    > >
    > > Hello Dolly (it's so nice to see you back where you belong)
    >
    > Dollis Hill (we're back where we belong)

    Mornington Crescent

    --
    Stephen Allcroft
  38. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    In article <r2afe1pfnov8sao1gek6kbikff70m9otk3@4ax.com>, Lister wrote:
    > Illegal move
    >
    > You can only go to Dollis Hill from Dollis Hill

    Under Modified Newtonian gravitational theorem (which is a
    potentially valid alternative to an ekpyrotic universe. Really!), for
    extremely small values of Dollis Hill,
    Dollis Hill =/= Dollis Hill.

    Therefore you are now in Neasden.
    Sorry about that. It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it.
    --
    Aidan Karley,
    Geologist,

    comps@riffraff.plig.net (Vicky Conlan) wrote in news:dda49h$121c$1
    @magenta.plig.net:

    >>> Smart volley (anyone for tennis?)
    >>
    >>Small Trolley (just popping round the supermarket!)
    >
    > Smell Troll-y (time for a shower, perhaps)

    Smell Trollop (time to use a condom, certainly)
  40. Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

    >>> Holy Smell (does, doesn't it?)
    >>>
    >>Smelly Hole (and why not?)
    >
    > Smiley Vole (why not indeed)

    Vile sole (they always are)