Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

Aubergine: French Youth Hosteller.
Advocaat: Dutch Barrister
Avocado: Spanish Barrister
Barrista: Californian Barrister
Carnet: new anti-speeding device
Density: London
Engine: To Get Someone into the same state as Andrew Flintoff before
the bus ride (tonic Optional).

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

Fanta: imagining the absence of the sea.
Giggle: a search engine for live music events

According to <pwca@blueyonder.co.uk>:
>Brisk
>-- a daredevil brick.

2. A brick used during cicumcisions
--
Caption Competition: http://sig.comps.org/caption/

"Vicky Conlan" <comps@riffraff.plig.net> wrote in message
> According to <pwca@blueyonder.co.uk>:
>>Brisk
>>-- a daredevil brick.
>
> 2. A brick used during cicumcisions

3. The thousandth birthday celebrations of a former Newcastle and Ipswich
manager.

BTN

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

In message <1127228751.510909.316210@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
stephenallcroft@lycos.co.uk writes
>Fanta: imagining the absence of the sea.
>Giggle: a search engine for live music events

Alt;
Giggle: A search engine for jokes.
--
Clint Sharp

In article <ObGXe.1184$lB4.1166@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk>, Pwca wrote:
> Subject: New Words

Wunch - more than one banker in a group. (Usage : "see that
wunch of bankers over there!")

(I actually made that one up myself in about 1991 while sharing
a flat with a bank clerk. I have been promoting it myself since and I'm
*sure* I heard it on Radio 4 a few days ago. Nearly OED territory now!)

--
Aidan Karley,
Geologist,

Aidan Karley wrote:
> In article <ObGXe.1184$lB4.1166@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk>, Pwca wrote:
>
>>Subject: New Words
>>

> Wunch - more than one banker in a group. (Usage : "see that
> wunch of bankers over there!")
>

> (I actually made that one up myself in about 1991 while sharing
> a flat with a bank clerk. I have been promoting it myself since and I'm
> *sure* I heard it on Radio 4 a few days ago. Nearly OED territory now!)

Private Eye magazine has also used it recently.

--
To contact me take a davidhowdon and add a @yahoo.co.uk to the end.

In article <7WgYe.1735$_56.808@newsfe1-win.ntli.net>, David Howdon wrote:
> > *sure* I heard it on Radio 4 a few days ago. Nearly OED territory now!)
> >
> Private Eye magazine has also used it recently.

Wooo Hooo! Fame is almost mine.
(Someone else will try to claim credit no doubt! And I'm open to the
possibility of separate and individual creations.)
--
Aidan Karley,
Geologist,

"Clint Sharp" <clint@clintsmc.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> In message <1127228751.510909.316210@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
> stephenallcroft@lycos.co.uk writes
>>Fanta: imagining the absence of the sea.
>>Giggle: a search engine for live music events
>>
> Alt;
> Giggle: A search engine for jokes.

Penice: A particularly lovely trouser snake.

BTN

lister

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:59:56 +0100, "Sir Benjamin Nunn"
<bennunn@depro.co.uk> wrote:

>"Clint Sharp" <clint@clintsmc.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> In message <1127228751.510909.316210@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
>> stephenallcroft@lycos.co.uk writes
>>>Fanta: imagining the absence of the sea.
>>>Giggle: a search engine for live music events
>>>
>> Alt;
>> Giggle: A search engine for jokes.
>

>Penice: A particularly lovely trouser snake.

You sound like you go around comparing them...

--
..sig for rent

Apply within

According to <misterlister169@gmail.com>:

>>> Alt;
>>> Giggle: A search engine for jokes.
>>
>>Penice: A particularly lovely trouser snake.
>
>You sound like you go around comparing them...

You've met Ben?
--

comps@riffraff.plig.net (Vicky Conlan) wrote:

>According to <pwca@blueyonder.co.uk>:
>>Brisk
>>-- a daredevil brick.
>
>2. A brick used during cicumcisions
3. A less serious threat

--
John A Fotheringham (Jaf for short)
Visit my search engine and webbot pages

Archived from groups: uk.games.mornington-crescent (More info?)

>Engine: To Get Someone into the same state as Andrew Flintoff before
>the bus ride (tonic Optional).

2. An additive for Tonic water

--

stephenallcroft@lycos.co.uk wrote:
> Fanta: imagining the absence of the sea.
> Giggle: a search engine for live music events

Hotel: teletext system for girlfriends of Gangsta Rappers.