2600 or wait for clawhammer

ad_rach

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002
Right.I wanna build a new pc for myself.I only just built myself an xp 2000 system but i get bored very easily.Anyway, should i build one now with an xp 2600 (333FSB) on an nforce 2 mb or wait for the clawhammer?I know i don't need to upgrade, i just want to and i can sell my current pc on ebay at no loss coz i built it for very little.Should i wait though?Problem is i am in uk and i shouldnt expect clawhammer will get here til late summer next year-or am i wrong?

amps211

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2002
Wait if I were you, that is if you don't need to upgrade. I'd wait, save some cash, and go off mid-late next year when the thing finally comes out. Next Year seems like it's going to be the year to upgrade with everybody pulling out their next-gen stuff.

We salute you, our half inflated Dark Lord!

gaviota

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
If you're impatient, then buy now. If you plan to wait, then get comfortable. AMD's release dates are always delayed, and then when they finally launch their new generation of processors they will do a publicity launch like they did with the XP2600+ and XP2400+ after which you will have to wait several weeks or even months before the new cpu finally reaches the public.

johnoh

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2002
Anytime you can sell what you got for what you paid for it, go for it. Assuming that is you can reinvest the cash in something faster, or at least better positioned for the future. Plus it sounds like you want something to do. I know the feeling.

John A

icy_oblivion

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
I agree that if you aren't going to loose anything, then sell it now and upgrade. Then you can upgrade when the clawhammer comes out.

<font color=green>My other personality is schitzofrenic.</font color=green>

ad_rach

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002
thanks for your help.i think i'll wait and see how the ebay auction goes and then decide.i put it on at a fairly high price but i have managed to sell at high prices before-this is the second computer i have built then sold on ebay since late september.i just wanna build better and better even when its totally unnecessary.it's an addiction i suppose but i never lose any money since my initial outlay and i keep building better computers.