New CPU works fine...modem does not...HELP!

neatgreek

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2002
Here's the deal, ABit VT6X4 with a new PIII 800eb 133fsb
256 RAM, 16MB Graphics Blaster tnt, and a Zoom (3090) 56k v92 usb modem.
The systme boots up fine and the modem dials and connects to sever for about a second then shuts itself off ( both connection and power to the modem is off ) I have no idea why this is happening, modem worked fine with the old CPU (PII cel 333) I have done all the drivers over and tried reloading the modem over and over to no avail. If anyone knows any special settings on the bios or in the softmenu that would help, please send them. Any suggestions would be helpful in keeping me sain.
Thanks,
Neatgreek

With the system off, move the modem to a different pci slot. Then check for any conflicts in the device manager of the control panel (system-hardware-device manager). Remove any devices with a yellow or red exclamation mark next to them, and let windows re-install them on the next bootup. If that doesn't work, you may have to manually assign irq settings under properties.

neatgreek

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2002
Thanks, the modem is a usb input and I was hoping not to have to set everything manually in the bios. but was still not sure why the modem shut off when it connected, that is what is most puzzling. Your help is welcome.