PowerEdge 750 rails?

Last response: in Computer Brands
November 25, 2004 3:13:16 AM

I purchased a PE 1750 and there were no rails or anything mounted on
it. I could easily screw it into anything, especaily my mounting
brackets. It was great.

I just bought a PE 750 and I see it has these stupid rails (or half
rails) so it can slide into a rack that already has the rail mounts I
guess. How do I take these things off? Why are they there? I didn't
ask for them. They are actually ribbited on. Its rediculous, I can't
even mount my 750 now.

Can someone tell me my options? Can I still take them off? What am I
now forced to "buy" because my 750 has these rails on the side?

Thanks,
kenw232@yahoo.com

More about : poweredge 750 rails

Anonymous
November 26, 2004 9:16:56 AM

"Jason Kinkade" <jkinkade@datashelter.net> wrote in message
>I purchased a PE 1750 and there were no rails or anything mounted on
> it. I could easily screw it into anything, especaily my mounting
> brackets. It was great.
>
> I just bought a PE 750 and I see it has these stupid rails (or half
> rails) so it can slide into a rack that already has the rail mounts I
> guess. How do I take these things off? Why are they there? I didn't
> ask for them. They are actually ribbited on. .........

damn frogs!

alien

April 4, 2011 6:36:30 AM

i know it's an old thread but in case it helps you out:

Dell PowerEdge 750/SC1425/1850 all seem to use the same rails that are *rivetted* on to the server already

If your rack has 4 posts: Dell Model # D7895
If your rack has 2 posts: Dell Model # D7897

Ribbit.

---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---[/quotemsg]
!