PowerEdge 750 rails?

I purchased a PE 1750 and there were no rails or anything mounted on
it. I could easily screw it into anything, especaily my mounting
brackets. It was great.

I just bought a PE 750 and I see it has these stupid rails (or half
rails) so it can slide into a rack that already has the rail mounts I
guess. How do I take these things off? Why are they there? I didn't
ask for them. They are actually ribbited on. Its rediculous, I can't
even mount my 750 now.

Can someone tell me my options? Can I still take them off? What am I
now forced to "buy" because my 750 has these rails on the side?

Thanks,
kenw232@yahoo.com
2 answers Last reply
More about poweredge rails

    "Jason Kinkade" <jkinkade@datashelter.net> wrote in message
    >I purchased a PE 1750 and there were no rails or anything mounted on
    > it. I could easily screw it into anything, especaily my mounting
    > brackets. It was great.
    >
    > I just bought a PE 750 and I see it has these stupid rails (or half
    > rails) so it can slide into a rack that already has the rail mounts I
    > guess. How do I take these things off? Why are they there? I didn't
    > ask for them. They are actually ribbited on. .........

    damn frogs!

    alien

  2. i know it's an old thread but in case it helps you out:

    Dell PowerEdge 750/SC1425/1850 all seem to use the same rails that are *rivetted* on to the server already

    If your rack has 4 posts: Dell Model # D7895
    If your rack has 2 posts: Dell Model # D7897

    Ribbit.

Dell Computers