2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
No larger than 15". The smaller the better. Must be lighter in weight than your average laptop.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
At least 1366 x 768. Would prefer 1600 x 900.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable. I travel almost everyday with a laptop. It will occasionally find it's way into my workbag so must be lighter than average and smaller than average for those occasions. It is always in my suitcase and is always used on my lap on trains and in hotel rooms.
5. How much battery life do you need?
6+ hours preferred for surfing, mp3s and mp4s but would consider something very close to that. Must be able to boot from Standby very quickly.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I want to play some recent games at low to mid settings. Dungeon Siege 3, WoW, MW3, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Dawn of War 2. I mostly play smaller games like Dungeon Defender, Orcs Must Die, League of Legends and Might & Magic series.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Surfing the web and playing games are really the only things I'll use it for.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I don't need much storage. Only O/S and applications/games. SSD a bonus.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Upto 2-3 years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need?
Its not a priority.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I like Asus, Acer and Lenovo as brands in particular due to their style and value. Would consider other brands.
13. What country do you live in? UK
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.