Sign in with
Your question

Firewire Networks?

Last response: in Networking
February 18, 2002 5:54:26 PM

How practical are firewire networks? What are their limitations? I'm currently under a relatively fast 100mbps Ethernet network and according to SiSoft Sandra 2002, it runs at 11MB/s (megabytes per second). Also, according to Sandra, a firewire network is a couple of megabytes per second faster.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

More about : firewire networks

February 19, 2002 12:42:43 AM

do you really need that speed?

i went to the tomshardware forums and all i got was this lousy signature.
February 19, 2002 10:40:31 AM

Well, it's annoying how I have to wait a minute or two to transfer a couple of gigabytes of MP3s. Anyway, I think I can live with my 100mbps Ethernet but I'm just curious, I just want to know.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
February 19, 2002 11:10:32 AM

I used to think mine was slow- try this little test: copy a large file (or folder full) accross the lan, then copy the same one next to itself, time each one, I can copy accross the lan (100meg ethernet) faster than I can copy from my pc (1400@1700 athy, ibm deskstar 60) from my server (k6-3 450, maxtor 7200 cant remember which one) faster than I can copy locally.

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?
!