INTEL vs. AMD

bikeme74

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2002
I've been visiting Tom's Hardware Guide frequently for a year now, and it seems to me that the majority of the readers are AMD lovers and sometimes I think the writers of THG are loyal to AMD as well. (Could it be the German thing?) I now have a Pentium 4 2.4Ghz 533MHz, and for some reason (I think from visiting THG, reading all their stories/reviews, forum), I kinda want to build another computer with an AMD CPU too....even though I really don't need another computer. Why is that? Honestly, I really don't care who's better... Intel or AMD. For me, the common man, and probably the majority of people, really don't mind spending an extra $50-$75 for a more known brand like Intel. I find it weird that now I want to build another system with AMD even though my current system is fast and stable already. I think THG is turning me into an AMD lover or something or I'm developing a new hobby with computers. BTW, I'm not bashing anyone, as I really don't care if it Intel or AMD. I'm just wondering why I now have the urge to build another computer with an AMD processor. Just curious. I think I'm turning to a geek :)

halkebul

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2002
Same here. I have a XP 1700+/ATi 9000 system that's run everything i've thrown at it with grace but still I feel the urge to upgrade to a 2400+ or build a cheap office computer for a friend as a gift. Can't explain it.

<i>It's your world kid!!!</i>

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
The corruption is spreading, dear god save us all SAVE US ALL!!!

-Jeremy

<font color=blue>Just some advice from your friendly neighborhood blue man </font color=blue> :smile:

Rubberbband

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2001
Wait a minute, is Tom's Hardware getting any kickbacks for corrupting these people? Hmmm, this requires further investigation. It could also explain my constant urge to upgrade.

The Men Behind the GUNS!

<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=327" target="_new"><b>MY SYSTEM</b></A>

ad_rach

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002
i'm glad it isn't just me.i just built myself an xp2000 system with 512 ddr,radeon 9000 etc etc about a month ago but i already want to build again even though it is performing very well.i have built three other computers for friends in the past month for free just for the hell of it.i certainly think it's an addiction coz i'm pretty much set on building with a new 333fsb amd on an nforce 2 mobo.i can't stop myself!

TRENDING THREADS