Thank you
4 answers Last reply
More about dimension noise

    "XD" <xavier.durieux@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
    news:41a61ff6$0$25144$8fcfb975@news.wanadoo.fr...
    >I want to buy a "quiet" computer.
    > Is the XPS noisy or not ?
    >
    > Thank you

    Look at the thread below about the XPS Gen 3 or 4.

    > "XD" <xavier.durieux@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
    >>I want to buy a "quiet" computer.
    >> Is the XPS noisy or not ?
    >>
    >> Thank you
    >>

    > Look at the thread below about the XPS Gen 3 or 4.

    also bear in mind where you situate the machine.

    My 8400 sounds like a vacuum cleaner if I sit it on my desktop but if I put
    it on the carpeted floor I have to squint at the on/off light to see if it's
    actually working or not.

    On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 19:29:36 GMT, "Noel Wester"
    <noel.wester@webtribe.net> wrote:

    >"S.Lewis" <stew1960@cover.bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "XD" <xavier.durieux@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
    >>>I want to buy a "quiet" computer.
    >>> Is the XPS noisy or not ?
    >>>
    >>> Thank you
    >>>

    >> Look at the thread below about the XPS Gen 3 or 4.
    >
    >also bear in mind where you situate the machine.
    >
    >My 8400 sounds like a vacuum cleaner if I sit it on my desktop but if I put
    >it on the carpeted floor I have to squint at the on/off light to see if it's
    >actually working or not.

    You are lucky as the devil. I have mine under my desk with the back
    board of the desk padded and it still is noisy.

    "XD" <xavier.durieux@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
    > I want to buy a "quiet" computer.
    > Is the XPS noisy or not ?
    >
    > Thank you

    I have a Dell 8200 2.53 GHz with an ATI 9800 Pro and it's pretty quiet till
    I start playing intensive gaming sessions and that's with only 3 fans. I
    can only imagine what it must be like with an XPS with 5 fans going. That
    being said, quieter quality fans are available but I guess that's something
    that Dell does not care to use for whatever reason, although I suspect that
    cost would be one.

Dell XPS Computer Dimension Computers