Soo..anyone respect VoodooPC yet?

MoneyMike

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2002
yea here i am again. I figure you all hate me. Thats cool. But noe VoodooPC id rolling. Anyone check out their intercool water cooling system they just got? TomsHardware even wrote a article on it.

Yes Voodoo's are overpriced. Yes you can build one close to its performance for much less.

But VoodooPC has the best Tech support in the world, and the sexiest PC's in the market.

My computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
voodoo does make very good computers, they are attractive, but the price is just laughable. i dont really have much use for tech support. unless i need to exchange somthing of course.

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal

icy_oblivion

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
Tech support doesn't matter to me, as long as the hardware comes with warranties I am happy. Any other problems I can fix on my own.

<font color=green>My other personality is schitzofrenic.</font color=green>

dhlucke

Polypheme
It still comes down to this:

Only a complete idiot would buy a computer from them. I don't care if the computer makes you hot and horny, it costs too damn much.

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">Forum Assassin</A></font color=red>

MoneyMike

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2002
opinion noted.

everyone used to flame me liek crazy for praising VoodooPC. As you see some still are :).

If you want the best of the best at any cost, and a sexy computer to go with it, VoodooPC is for you.

If you want to take pride in building your own PC and not worry about tech support and a LIFETIME DISCOUNTED UPGRADE ON ALL PARTS, then build your own. Im jsut showing you the light. :)

My computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

icy_oblivion

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah, Alienware, Voodoopc, and Falcon Northwest are the three BIG boutique vendors. Thought I think Voodoo is the most expensive.

<font color=green>My other personality is schitzofrenic.</font color=green>

eden

Champion
I have a hard time understand how they haven't run out of business yet or perhaps changed their pricing strategy. I guess there really are idiotic money spending people who don't care about what they throw in.

--
*You can do anything you set your mind to man. -Eminem<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Eden on 11/21/02 10:59 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
people flamed you like crazy cause you claimed they made their own cases, cpus and every thing else.

Rubberbband

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2001
VoodooPC, Alienware and Falcon Northwest are way out of my league. From what I've read about them they do make awesome PCs. They also have good in-house tech support though. Hey if you've got that kind of money more power to ya!

The Men Behind the GUNS!

<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=327" target="_new"><b>MY SYSTEM</b></A>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Actually, a custom built Crashman PC is less expensive and comes with the best tech support in the world! If you live within 20 miles of his location, Crashman himself will service your computer ON SITE! And Crashman PC's are relatively inexpensive!

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

baldurga

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2002
Well, first of all I don't thing buying from VoodooPC make someone idiot. I would say he/she hasn't choose the best option available (that's my point of view). Saying idiot to people that buy these PCs only make things less objective, as people will be defending its position but not talking with learning mind.

My key points would be:

- For reliable and fast computer, you can go to other places or ask people(Crashman would be a good option for sure!). And of course, it will cost you less money, so that a better option.

- Also in you opt for DIY, it will give you a good time learning about computers and a rewarding experience. But I know this is a personal option, as other people don't see anything special (or just see problems).

- Finally, if you want a very cool, impressive look, etc. computer, at least compare different options. First, DIY is again an option, but if not someone can do it for you, and you can choose cool components from differents companies, or even a hand painted case (high quality and unique). This is just an example. I'm sure that a computer made with selected components from the best and reliable vendors can be better in terms of "coolness" and "exclusiveness" that VoodooPC or any other company. Of course, this option is not budget oriented (even that money is not unlimited ;-)). But from my point of view with the budget like the system analysed in THG ($5000!), you can do a LOT.

Just like an exercise, I invite everybody to config a computer for that money, or at least $4000.

DIY: read, buy, test, learn, reward yourself!

Victory

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2002
hmmm, buying a system from someone named Crashman, maybe I'll stick with alienware LOL! j/k

:cool: Save heating costs on your home, overclock your PC!!! :cool:

Lamoni

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
Just like an exercise, I invite everybody to config a computer for that money, or at least $4000
I couldn't do it... I am sure it is possible, but do I really need a dual cpu and a SCSI Raid-5 array? I would rather have 2 computers (and for that price, they can be pretty nice ones).

wschuerm

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
man i'd have to put in a lot of exotic components to get to 4000$ maybe i'll just do as they do build a 2500$ system and ask you 4000$ for it :p

Remember the time You used 20Mb harddrives

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
here's the thing: I bought my comp 2 years ago (almost) from <A HREF="http://www.xicomputer.com" target="_new">XiComputer</A>, and the tech support there is really competent (they know what I'm talking about) and I basically use it to replace parts. Also, they do have a thing when u get discounts when u upgrade, and their prices are pretty good.

Kentucky: 15 million people, 5 last names....

tastim

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2002
All I know is I clicked on the "Ultimate Gaming Machine" and left off all the bells and whistles in the configuration pull down menus and the thing was like 3300 bucks... that is absolutely laughable. I can build 3 gaming systems for that WITH custom casing and a water cooling system. THREE!

eden

Champion
Someone should start sending them complaints, I'll gladly put my name with whoever starts a petition.

--
*You can do anything you set your mind to man. -Eminem

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
complaints?? why? you dont have to buy from them. if they can make some computers, sell them to idiots for double the price, let them.

groth2757

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
Sites like VoodooPC and Alienware sell because they cater to buffoons, rich people and rich buffoons. We here at the Tom's Hardware forums are the smart unspoiled people who are willing to learn a thing or two about how pc's work and in the process save a hulking amount of moolah!!!!

<font color=blue>Can anyone help me overclock my girlfriend's love toy?<font color=blue>

digikid

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2002
I do remember moneymike's posts from about a year or less ago. Wasn't he the one whose dad came and excused his childish behaviour? Anyhoo...

M-Mike, remind us again, what system was it that you bought back then for $5000? Was it perhaps a P4-1.6? It can't have been much more... Isn't it sad, in retrospect, that you kicked out all that cash for a machine that's already miserably outdated? Besides, what the h*ck do you need a good looking case for? I put my case out of sight anyway: computers are too damn ugly, and loud, and I don't appreciate the design of ANY computer, unless it's a MAC.

:lol: <b><font color=blue>gnintsakgnirkskir ksron</font color=blue></b> :lol: