can't get to utility sw - mn700

Paul

Splendid

hi, any help appreciated. I am trying to add a 3rd party
wireless card to my notebook, and add it to my home
network (specifically via the MAC address list set up in
the utility software with the mn700). The router is
connected to my older desktop running win98se. I can't
get by first base however - for some reason I can't get
in to the "management tools" option of the utlity
software running on the desktop pc, nor can I log in to
the router directly using the IP address. This must be
something obvious - firewall software? (which I didn't
think i was using), virus software?

Any ideas would be helpful, very frustrating

Paul

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

If you don't have some totally unique setting that you wish to preserve in
the router, I would recommend that you get a ballpoint pen and push in the
restore button on the back of the router. You will need to hold it in for a
few seconds. The light should turn orange and then turn green when complete.