Sign in with
Your question

'A Disk Read Error Occured'

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
November 12, 2011 5:18:28 PM

Hello! My Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro notebook suddenly restarted and while booting, I only get this message:
"A disk read error occurred
Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart"

Upon pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del, I get stuck at the same message. I've tried using my MS Vista DVD to check/repair the disk, but nothing happens after I get the green progress bar. I'm just stuck with a blank screen.

How do I resolve the problem?
November 12, 2011 5:30:19 PM

290212,1,903802 said:
Hello! My Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro notebook suddenly restarted and while booting, I only get this message:
"A disk read error occurred
Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart"

Upon pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del, I get stuck at the same message. I've tried using my MS Vista DVD to check/repair the disk, but nothing happens after I get the green progress bar. I'm just stuck with a blank screen.

How do I resolve the problem?[/quotemsg

Do A Fresh Install, If That Dont Work Your Laptops HDD Has Died
m
l
November 12, 2011 5:51:25 PM

I'm stuck with a blank screen when I use the installation DVD. By the way, the HD is still being detected by the BIOS.
m
l
Related resources
November 13, 2011 7:37:28 AM

You are right, time to get a new HDD. However, is there any chance of getting some data back from the current HDD if I use an enclosure to connect it via USB?
m
l
a b D Laptop
November 13, 2011 8:14:45 AM

Try it in a different sata port and different computer. Once upon a time I had the mother board sata controller fail with similar symptoms
m
l
!