'A Disk Read Error Occured'

Hello! My Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro notebook suddenly restarted and while booting, I only get this message:
"A disk read error occurred
Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart"

Upon pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del, I get stuck at the same message. I've tried using my MS Vista DVD to check/repair the disk, but nothing happens after I get the green progress bar. I'm just stuck with a blank screen.

How do I resolve the problem?
4 answers Last reply
More about disk read error occured
  1. Hello! My Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro notebook suddenly restarted and while booting, I only get this message:
    "A disk read error occurred
    Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart"

Upon pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del, I get stuck at the same message. I've tried using my MS Vista DVD to check/repair the disk, but nothing happens after I get the green progress bar. I'm just stuck with a blank screen.

How do I resolve the problem?[/quotemsg

Do A Fresh Install, If That Dont Work Your Laptops HDD Has Died
  2. I'm stuck with a blank screen when I use the installation DVD. By the way, the HD is still being detected by the BIOS.
  3. You are right, time to get a new HDD. However, is there any chance of getting some data back from the current HDD if I use an enclosure to connect it via USB?
  4. Try it in a different sata port and different computer. Once upon a time I had the mother board sata controller fail with similar symptoms
Ask a new question

Read More

Disk Read Error Fujitsu Siemens Laptops