Toshiba Satellite Keyboard problem I need help interpreting Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate911

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2011
I have been frustrated by what is apparently a common problem experienced by toshiba satellite owners with their keyboards.

Certain keys do not work as they should.
The A-key will not input an a into a text field when pressed.

If a USB keyboard is connected then I am able to use it to enter the otherwise "forbidden" keys.

I have included photos of the keyboard test screen that shows which keys are failing to function, in case you are not familiar with this program its the grey ones that aren't working.

The second time I ran one of the tests as part of the group for all motherboard tests it showed a pass on the keyboard but after another restart still no better than before.

I have included some test results from running PC-Check and it says that a part of the motherboard failed, I think it was the keyboard controller, not that this was a surprise but I am not sure what to make of it.

This is actually the second time that this has happened with this customers laptop. The last time I remember resetting some keyboard related controls in the BIOS and it fixed the problem but only after I had wasted $20 on a new keyboard and spent time installing it first.

They came back to me a week ago and needed some unrelated work done to secure the power jack in place and when that was done I fired up the laptop to do the usual tests and found that the keyboard problem had decided to re occur. This time the BIOS reset didn't fix it but I can't explain why. Even within the boot environment looking at a menu from the hirens cd I have to use the external keyboard to be able to press the enter key (oh and yes the enter key also doesn't work by the way).

I have some screen shots of my test results as well as the model info for the laptop. If anyone could help me understand what is causing my problem and how to fix it I would be most grateful and would be glad to send you a small amount of money over paypal as compensation.

Thank you in advance for considering the circumstances of this problem and providing me with any guidance possible.

2011-11-13145623.jpg
2011-11-13152303.jpg
2011-11-13152357.jpg
2011-11-13152459.jpg
2011-11-13153214.jpg
2011-11-13153344.jpg
[/img]

janspach1

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
Nate - Did you find a fix for the problem that you described? I am having the same problem with my Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7930.

Status
Not open for further replies.