PUArnold

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2002
As it looks now... what will be the ideal AMD system in June of 2003? I'm going top end so i'm thinking Hammer processor, PCI Express, Serial ATA, and LCD monitor... give me some ideas folks, thanks :)

Lamoni

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
Those specs look good, but way too many things change in that time frame to give any good advice. Try asking again about a month before you buy. Then you can get advice on which Hammer chipset, and any other things that might come out then. Any advice you get now will be outdated in 3 months or less.

Lamoni

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
Well right now the only technologies that are 'expected' to be out that I know of are the ones you already mentioned. But it is also expected that new motherboard chipsets will always come out or be revised, new video cards will be out... and what HD is the best always fluctuates. I doubt Serial ATA-II will be out by then (supporting 300 MB/s), but my point is that we can have an idea on what will be available, but there won't be any specifics so it won't help you at all in your purchase unless you ask again a month before you buy. Also, who knows what the price/performance will be when comparing the Hammers with Intel's cpu's... or just comparing performance. Maybe there will be more delays and there won't be any Hammers available for purchase in June. Maybe it will be better to go Intel...

It is just all speculation so your question is better asked at a later date.

TRENDING THREADS