Sign in with
Your question

Digital River ISO burn problems....

Last response: in Windows 7
June 5, 2010 2:10:52 PM

HI all,

I recently bought a copy of windows 7 through digital river as I am a student. I was looking to put the copy of windows 7 on a machine I just built that has no O/S. I have been reading through all these forums about how to make a bootable dvd/or usb with the downloaded files, however most of the tutorials were made before digital river started offering and ISO file to download. I chose windows 7 64 bit for my new computer and downloaded it to my other XP SP3 32 bit computer. I am now having serious problems trying to figure out how to get a bootable dvd/or usb. I have tried multiple Iso burning software and even the windows made tool. However I keep getting errors. I also know it is not the dvds because I have burned a previous iso disc with them and it also isn't the dvd burner because I have tried two different ones. Can someone please help me out here?

- The only thing that I can think of is possibly a 32bit machine can not burn a 64bit ISO dvd? I'm not sure.
a b $ Windows 7
June 5, 2010 8:58:08 PM

It looks as if you have a corrupted file, using a 32 bit OS has nothing to do with it.
I don't know how Digital River works, but I assume that you would have proof of purchase and can get a replacement download.
Alternatively if you know someone that has the SAME version on dvd that you can copy, then use your own product key.
m
l
Related resources
June 5, 2010 11:51:03 PM

I have used ImgBurn as well as other burning software and I get an error message and the dvd is spit out each time. I've tried different dvds and a different drive but nothing seems to work. The windows tool for making a bootable dvd/or usb failed with both dvd & usb which makes me think somehow it must be the file... The file is around 3gb and it was a clean download with no hiccups. I even re-downloaded just to be sure the file wasn't some how corrupted with the same results. I don't know too much about burning ISO files but maybe it is compressed and I need to unpack it? It has to be something simple that I am just not thinking of. Digital River seems to be pretty popular and many people have successfully created bootable dvds...I just can't figure it out.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 6, 2010 12:01:28 AM

When you burn ISO files you choose the burn image/iso option and direct the program to the location of the file, do NOT use the burn files option or drag and drop.
m
l
June 6, 2010 12:04:24 AM

Thanks man but I haven't been dragging and dropping. I have literally read about fifty forums and a bunch of tutorials about how to do it but it's not working. I'm not in panic mode because I ordered the disk as well but because digital river is like a franchise (I think anyway - Win741 used to do the same) of Microsoft selling windows 7 to students it takes around 3 weeks to get the disk. I just built a machine though and I was trying to create my own bootable dvd to try this baby out. Is there anything else obvious that I may not be doing right?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 6, 2010 9:21:54 AM

try Magic ISO,it's free, filehippo etc. if it doesn't work the file you D/L is corrupt, try toD/L again, or borrow a copy from someone, you will have to use your key to register it so it doesn't matter who's copy it is
m
l
!