Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Internal card reader doesn't show up!

Last response: in Windows 7
a c 395 $ Windows 7
August 18, 2009 2:45:42 PM

On my windows 7 install my internal card reader does appear under my computer as a componet,but appears when i put a card in it,then when i remove card it dissappears again.any help as why this is?
thanks bc
a b $ Windows 7
August 19, 2009 4:33:52 AM

Put the card in the card reader and assig a letter, with a letter assig to your card reader, the system show them all time.
m
l
a c 395 $ Windows 7
August 19, 2009 1:03:42 PM

When i plug the reader in it shows letter g like it should,but it still disappears upon removal.its a dell optiplex 960.could it be something i have to turn on in the bios!
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
August 19, 2009 2:02:06 PM

Does it reappear if you put the card back in? If so, then it's nothing to be concerned about... Windows 7 may not assign drive letters to card readers until you actually insert a card.
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
June 5, 2010 5:09:34 AM

To keep the Drive showing in "My Computer" when its empty. Simply go to Folder Options and untick Hide Empty Drives in the Computer folder under the view tab. Hope this helps
m
l
June 13, 2010 8:16:26 PM

Quote:
To keep the Drive showing in "My Computer" when its empty. Simply go to Folder Options and untick Hide Empty Drives in the Computer folder under the view tab. Hope this helps

worked thank you.
m
l
!