Republican Presidential Debate!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Fox News Network just had an 8-person debate of presidential nominees for the next election.

Who do you think won the debate?

Who is your favorite candidate, which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with winning the debate?

I think Newt Gingrich won the debate, HOWEVER, I think Herman Cain is the best candidate. The debate was very unbalanced, because Cain barely got any talking time, however for the talking time he had, he did a damn good job.

Herman Cain isn't a politician, he's a business man, and that makes him automatically better suited for president. He is concise in his answers and he is a man who has a *pair* and who can step up the plate and make a decision.

MysticMiner

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
Well, I still respect Paul, I can respect Huntsman, and maybe a few others. Not Santorum though. Nor Romney.

Or Cain, sorry, but saying a community can ban mosques? Pass. He lost me on that one. Gingrich won? Well...that's not good then. He won't get the nomination. Too much history.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Gingrich won the debate, because he didn't take crap from any body and retaliated to even the moderators of the debate when he had to, so he kind of controlled everything.

Your concern of cain is the least of mine. My concerns are economic issues, taxation issues, and foreign policy mainly, social issues and other stuff is really lower-priority for me. Since Cain is down to earth and reality, he knows what business life is like, he will be looking from that standpoint when making decisions. As I said, I'd take a business man for president over any politician any day, no matter his experience. And that includes Trump. Yeah Trump's views are bad in many areas, but his economic policy would be good.

'America has got to learn how to take a joke'

Bumper sticker worthy. I may have some printed up. Great response to Obama's presidency. Any one of them are light years better than the captain of the Titanic. Like Carter, He ensures we don't see another democrat in the white house for two decades.

MysticMiner

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011

Really? I got more of a sense of a bullying thug from him. Which is how he's always been, but it's not going to get my vote.

Your concern of cain is the least of mine. My concerns are economic issues, taxation issues, and foreign policy mainly, social issues and other stuff is really lower-priority for me. Since Cain is down to earth and reality, he knows what business life is like, he will be looking from that standpoint when making decisions. As I said, I'd take a business man for president over any politician any day, no matter his experience. And that includes Trump. Yeah Trump's views are bad in many areas, but his economic policy would be good.

I can find a dozen others to mouth Cain's lines without the support of religious persecution. He also did it for Mormons. Sorry, but religious liberties drive him out of contention for me.

And you've got plenty of businessmen making the decisions already, that has NOT worked out.

I say we ban them from influence instead. Overturn Citizens United.

Status
Not open for further replies.