Latitude D600 Service Tag writing utility?

I've just swapped the motherboard on my Latitude D600 (took 3-5 days
less than Dell's depot 8*), but they didn't send me the disk to write
the Service Tag into the board.

The service manual says:

/*
NOTE: After replacing the system board, enter the computer Service
Tag sequence into the BIOS of the replacement system board.

3. Insert the floppy disk or CD that accompanied the replacement
system board into the appropriate drive. Follow the instructions that
appear on the screen.
*/

Unfortunately, it didn't come with such a thing, and I can't set a
BIOS admin or user password on a system without an ESC. I'm on hold
awaiting Dell's tech support, but if anyone knows where I can get such
a thing online, I could shave another couple of days off this
process...

Thanks!

Samething overhere I have a i2650 with a new board and a wrong servicetag
and expresscode. So i ould be happy with the correct answer.

Harrie

<William P.N. Smith> schreef in bericht
> I've just swapped the motherboard on my Latitude D600 (took 3-5 days
> less than Dell's depot 8*), but they didn't send me the disk to write
> the Service Tag into the board.
>
> The service manual says:
>
> /*
> NOTE: After replacing the system board, enter the computer Service
> Tag sequence into the BIOS of the replacement system board.
>
> 3. Insert the floppy disk or CD that accompanied the replacement
> system board into the appropriate drive. Follow the instructions that
> appear on the screen.
> */
>
> Unfortunately, it didn't come with such a thing, and I can't set a
> BIOS admin or user password on a system without an ESC. I'm on hold
> awaiting Dell's tech support, but if anyone knows where I can get such
> a thing online, I could shave another couple of days off this
> process...
>
> Thanks!

The utility is not available to the general public.

"Johoo" <johoo123@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> Samething overhere I have a i2650 with a new board and a wrong servicetag
> and expresscode. So i ould be happy with the correct answer.
>
> Harrie
>

> <William P.N. Smith> schreef in bericht
>> I've just swapped the motherboard on my Latitude D600 (took 3-5 days
>> less than Dell's depot 8*), but they didn't send me the disk to write
>> the Service Tag into the board.
>>
>> The service manual says:
>>
>> /*
>> NOTE: After replacing the system board, enter the computer Service
>> Tag sequence into the BIOS of the replacement system board.
>>
>> 3. Insert the floppy disk or CD that accompanied the replacement
>> system board into the appropriate drive. Follow the instructions that
>> appear on the screen.
>> */
>>
>> Unfortunately, it didn't come with such a thing, and I can't set a
>> BIOS admin or user password on a system without an ESC. I'm on hold
>> awaiting Dell's tech support, but if anyone knows where I can get such
>> a thing online, I could shave another couple of days off this
>> process...
>>
>> Thanks!

ZerO

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2003

Since when has that stopped anything being available !

"zero" <zeroREMOVEnews2@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Since when has that stopped anything being available !

As a guess only....

Perhaps an increase in stolen laptops? Who knows....

Stew