Far Realm writeup?

I'm looking through my books for the 3.5 writeup of the Far Realm as a
plane, and I'm drawing a blank. I don't see it in the DMG, the Complete
Arcane, or the Lords of Madness. Huh?

I could have sworn there was a 3.5 writeup for the plane, but I'm just
not seeing it. Am I going... mad?

- Ron ^*^
11 answers Last reply
More about realm writeup

    Werebat wrote:
    > I'm looking through my books for the 3.5 writeup of the Far Realm as a
    > plane, and I'm drawing a blank. I don't see it in the DMG, the Complete
    > Arcane, or the Lords of Madness. Huh?
    >
    > I could have sworn there was a 3.5 writeup for the plane, but I'm just
    > not seeing it. Am I going... mad?

    Do you have the _Manual of the Planes_? It's on pages 212-214. If
    not, say so and I'll scan it and post it here.

    Werebat wrote:
    > I'm looking through my books for the 3.5 writeup of the Far Realm as a
    > plane, and I'm drawing a blank. I don't see it in the DMG, the Complete
    > Arcane, or the Lords of Madness. Huh?
    >
    > I could have sworn there was a 3.5 writeup for the plane, but I'm just
    > not seeing it. Am I going... mad?

    Ron,

    Dragon 330, April 2005, has some info on the Far Realm, and
    mentions it in relation to Ebberon. About 20 pages of info,
    monsters, spells...

    There is a short mention of the Far Realm in Lords of Madness,
    but no real details.

    Chris Hayes wrote:

    > Do you have the _Manual of the Planes_? It's on pages 212-214. If
    > not, say so and I'll scan it and post it here.

    No scans! The charter will not be amused!

    Chris Hayes wrote:
    > Werebat wrote:
    >
    >>I'm looking through my books for the 3.5 writeup of the Far Realm as a
    >>plane, and I'm drawing a blank. I don't see it in the DMG, the Complete
    >>Arcane, or the Lords of Madness. Huh?
    >>
    >>I could have sworn there was a 3.5 writeup for the plane, but I'm just
    >>not seeing it. Am I going... mad?
    >>

    > Do you have the _Manual of the Planes_? It's on pages 212-214. If
    > not, say so and I'll scan it and post it here.

    I thought MotP was 3.0? I could have sworn I saw a description of the
    plane in a 3.5 product recently, but can't for the life of me remember
    where.

    In any case, yes I do own it but it seems to be missing, and no one else
    I know seems to recall borrowing it... Maybe it slipped through a
    portal into Sigil or something.

    If you could post the properties I'd much appreciate it.

    - Ron ^*^

    decalod85 wrote:
    > Werebat wrote:
    >
    >>I'm looking through my books for the 3.5 writeup of the Far Realm as a
    >>plane, and I'm drawing a blank. I don't see it in the DMG, the Complete
    >>Arcane, or the Lords of Madness. Huh?
    >>
    >>I could have sworn there was a 3.5 writeup for the plane, but I'm just
    >>not seeing it. Am I going... mad?
    >

    > Ron,
    >
    > Dragon 330, April 2005, has some info on the Far Realm, and
    > mentions it in relation to Ebberon.

    Ah, you mean Xoriat...

    > About 20 pages of info,
    > monsters, spells...

    Interesting. Now I'll have to go find a back issue...

    > There is a short mention of the Far Realm in Lords of Madness,
    > but no real details.

    I think that may have been what I was thinking of.

    - Ron ^*^

    Alien mind control rays made Chris Hayes <hayes12@fadmail.com> write:
    > Do you have the _Manual of the Planes_? It's on pages 212-214. If
    > not, say so and I'll scan it and post it here.

    hey, while you're at it, could you scan and post all the other books, too?
    id l1ke, r1lly aprEci8 i+. kthxby!

    --
    \^\ // drow@bin.sh (CARRIER LOST) <http://www.bin.sh/>
    \ // - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    drow wrote:
    > Alien mind control rays made Chris Hayes <hayes12@fadmail.com> write:
    > > Do you have the _Manual of the Planes_? It's on pages 212-214. If
    > > not, say so and I'll scan it and post it here.
    >
    > hey, while you're at it, could you scan and post all the other books, too?
    > id l1ke, r1lly aprEci8 i+. kthxby!

    If anyone wants whole books, Shaeraza or EDonkey usually has them
    scanned.

    Werebat wrote:
    > Chris Hayes wrote:
    > > Werebat wrote:
    > >
    > >>I'm looking through my books for the 3.5 writeup of the Far Realm as a
    > >>plane, and I'm drawing a blank. I don't see it in the DMG, the Complete
    > >>Arcane, or the Lords of Madness. Huh?
    > >>
    > >>I could have sworn there was a 3.5 writeup for the plane, but I'm just
    > >>not seeing it. Am I going... mad?
    > >>

    > > Do you have the _Manual of the Planes_? It's on pages 212-214. If
    > > not, say so and I'll scan it and post it here.
    >
    > I thought MotP was 3.0? I could have sworn I saw a description of the
    > plane in a 3.5 product recently, but can't for the life of me remember
    > where.

    What's the difference on write ups for planes between 3.5 and 3.0?

    > In any case, yes I do own it but it seems to be missing, and no one else
    > I know seems to recall borrowing it... Maybe it slipped through a
    > portal into Sigil or something.
    >
    > If you could post the properties I'd much appreciate it.

    What properties? It's got no gravity, flowing time (time in realm
    doesn't pass on Prime, infinite size, highly morphic, sporadic
    elemental/energy traits, no alignment, casters must make level check DC
    15+ spell level or face wild magic, must make Will DC 20 upon entering
    and every hour after or suffer under effects of insanity spell. I
    scanned it in and made a nice .pdf, but the it can't transfer into
    plain text format. But what I posted should give a general idea of how
    things work.

    Chris Hayes wrote:
    > Werebat wrote:
    >
    >>Chris Hayes wrote:

    >>>Do you have the _Manual of the Planes_? It's on pages 212-214. If
    >>>not, say so and I'll scan it and post it here.
    >>
    >>I thought MotP was 3.0? I could have sworn I saw a description of the
    >>plane in a 3.5 product recently, but can't for the life of me remember
    >>where.
    >>

    > What's the difference on write ups for planes between 3.5 and 3.0?
    >

    >>In any case, yes I do own it but it seems to be missing, and no one else
    >>I know seems to recall borrowing it... Maybe it slipped through a
    >>portal into Sigil or something.
    >>
    >>If you could post the properties I'd much appreciate it.
    >>

    > What properties? It's got no gravity, flowing time (time in realm
    > doesn't pass on Prime, infinite size, highly morphic, sporadic
    > elemental/energy traits, no alignment, casters must make level check DC
    > 15+ spell level or face wild magic, must make Will DC 20 upon entering
    > and every hour after or suffer under effects of insanity spell. I
    > scanned it in and made a nice .pdf, but the it can't transfer into
    > plain text format. But what I posted should give a general idea of how
    > things work.

    Thanks. It's very similar to Xoriat (not surprisingly) as described in
    the Eberron Campaign Setting book -- just a few little differences.

    I really would be curious about what "sample setting" they would have
    made for the Far Realm in the DMG, if it were included there.

    Sporadic Elemental/Energy traits... How does that work, exactly?

    Here's the deal -- I recently ran an adventure where there was a portal
    to the Far Realm that the PCs got into a combat near. One of those
    whacky aberrations from the Far Realm managed to use its Mass Suggestion
    ability to suggest that the PCs would gain "knowledge beyond knowledge"
    if they stepped through the portal, and that they should do so
    immediately. Two of them managed to blow their saves and walk through,
    and I had to adjudicate what happened to them.

    I ended up having them be forced to make Will saves (DC 15) or lose 1d6
    points of Wisdom. Additionally, they had to make Reflex saves (DC 15)
    or take 5d6 Acid and 5d6 Electricity damage (half if save).
    Furthermore, they had to make Will saves (DC 15) to make their way back
    through the portal in the following round.

    Now, Highly Morphic means there is no way I can really be "wrong" about
    any of this -- the Gate could have just led to a temporary storm of acid
    rain and electricity. Then again, what are sporadic elemental/energy
    traits?

    Well, thanks for the info, it may prove useful in the future.

    If you don't mind -- could you e-mail the .pdf to my actual e-mail
    address? Just fix the obvious misspelling in my name.

    Thanks again!

    - Ron ^*^

    "Chris Hayes" <hayes12@fadmail.com> wrote in message
    > Do you have the _Manual of the Planes_? It's on pages 212-214. If
    > not, say so and I'll scan it and post it here.

    No you won't, you thieving bitch.

    -Michael

    Michael Scott Brown wrote:
    > "Chris Hayes" <hayes12@fadmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Do you have the _Manual of the Planes_? It's on pages 212-214. If
    > > not, say so and I'll scan it and post it here.
    >
    > No you won't, you thieving bitch.

    You're a sad little boy.

Games Video Games Books