Open port 80 and 10000?

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I have a MultiVoip I am trying to hook up to my MN-500
router so I can have can hook up to my work's PBX. All
it does so far is beep I called tech support on it and
they said on my router I need to "open port 80 TCP and I
need to open port 10000 UDP." I "think" I need to use
Port forwarding with either Application-Triggered Port
Forwarding or Persistent Port Forwarding. I've read the
helps on both these and so far they are not very helpful
at all. If anyone knows how to "open port 80 and open
port 10000" please enlighten me.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian,

I recently had exactly the same problem as you are having. Npt being able
to connect to my office VPN and being told to open ports 80 and 10000. I
tried everything and still couldn't get anything to work.

Turned out the problem was very simple. I am assuming you are using Cisco
VPN software? If not, other software I am assuming will be very similar.

On your dialer sortware, go into the properties page and make sure the
following options are DISABLED: Enabled Transparent Tunneling.

Then try again and see if it works?

I did that and it worked fine. Even opening every single port on my router
didn't work, until I tried this.

Rav.