My Acer TravelMate 290 notebook will reboot at any given time and the odd time you will get a white screen. I have had it to two different service places. The first place replaced the Motherboard on the fourth visit, at this point they had changed memory, processor, etc. They took my money and finally gave up. The second place basically did the same tests, without changing the motherboard and of course took my money. So anyway my question is what would you look for that would make the notebook reboot at anytime?
Make sure it has good ventillation during operations, as well as noting what is running when the event takes place. Things like number of programs running, duration of continuous operation until the reboot occurs.
Also, perform and error check on your hard drive:
- Open My Computer> highlite and right click on your C drive
- Select Properties
- Select Tools tab
- Click on the Check Now box in the Error -checking section
- Check both boxes and then click on Start
- This will schedule the Error Checking upon reboot
- Reboot the system and allow it to run