Windows xp & windows 2000 networking

Is it possible to connect a Windows XP pro and a Windows
2000 via networking? i bought a new pc and it has windows
xp pro but my household is using windows 2000, i wanted to
try xp for a change and i wanted to file and printer
sharing for all pc's.

Hoping some of you guys can help me on this........

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Yea, no problem. Since you have file and printer sharing enabled all you
should have to do is go to the System control panel... Computer Name tab (or
win2k equivalent) and set both computers to the same Workgroup. Somethink
like MSHome or whatever you want. If you have XP SP2 make sure you also set
an file and printer sharing exception in the Windows Firewall.